Called To Action

May 2, 1976

VOLDEMORT: Enter.

In a small, dimly lit room, VOLDEMORT sits at an armchair in front of a fire, his snake Nagini slithering at his feet. Flanked on each side of him are YAXLEY and DOLOHOV. The door opens, and BELLATRIX enters, swiftly kneeling in front of VOLDEMORT and kissing his hand.

BELLATRIX: My Lord.

VOLDEMORT: Stand, Bellatrix.

BELLATRIX obeys, and stows away her wand.

VOLDEMORT: It must happen. Tonight.

BELLATRIX: Yes, my Lord.

VOLDEMORT: Leave immediately, take your husband and your brother-in-law. Rookwood will meet you there and show you the way.

BELLATRIX: (bowing her head) If you could, my Lord- inform me of what I search for. What is it in the Department of Mysteries that you so desire- ?

VOLDEMORT: You know what you search for. It will be a small, glass orb. Rookwood knows where the Hall is located. Trust him.

BELLATRIX: Yes, my Lord.

VOLDEMORT: (standing up) This prophecy can give us vital information on our enemies movements. You understand what vital significance it holds to our cause?

BELLATRIX: I do.

YAXLEY: (speaking up) My Lord, if you let us go as well-

VOLDEMORT: No. I have already explained to you that I cannot have too many people in the Ministry tonight, lest they get caught. Only four shall suffice.

BELLATRIX: My Lord, my sister and Lucius- they wish to accompany me as well- I can deny them if you so desire-

VOLDEMORT sits back down in the armchair and considers BELLATRIX.

VOLDEMORT: No, no I will let Narcissa and Lucius go with you. If you face any resistance, perhaps they can assist you. But make the mission quick and quiet, am I understood?

BELLATRIX: Yes, my Lord.

VOLDEMORT: You may leave, then.

BELLATRIX stands up and retreats out of the room.

VOLDEMORT: (calling after her) Madame Lestrange.

BELLATRIX: Yes?

VOLDEMORT: It will be in row ninety-seven. Look there, first.