30.

Vote.
Comment.
Tell me what you think.

Chapter 30.
Priorities

Hassan x Anaaya

"Yeah?" Anaaya gulped, looking at Hassan in dread.

What more was there for her to know? She was done with unexpected news that left her to worry.

She missed the days where she was blunt and carefree. She promised herself that she would remain that way, but it was hard to do so, of course. Marriage changed things.

Hassan inhaled a breath and looked at his wife.

"I wanted to tell this to you ever since I came back but the whole pregnancy thing pushed it all back."

"Okayyy.." Anaaya dragged, waiting for him to say whatever he wanted to.

"The thing is that I wasn't just angry at you or us for just getting pregnant, I was also angry because it was the worst timing." He started off.

Anaaya snorted.

"You're telling me.., I mean I was just about to get promoted, can you imagine? I was actually going to get a promotion but they pushed it back the moment they came to know about it."

She rambled. It caused Hassan to push back whatever he was saying and instead focused on Anaaya.

It angered him that someone as hard-working and passionate and talented would be denied promotion just because of her pregnancy. It was brutal.

"Who even told them?" He questioned.

"I don't know..I mentioned it in front of a colleague and I'm pretty sure she spread it." She had learned in that exact moment to never tell a soul about anything that was happening in her life.

Nobody but Ahmad.

Thinking about how Hassan had diverted from his topic, she sat down and put her hand on her chin..looking at him.

"Anyway, you were saying?" He nodded and sat beside her.

"Yeah.. It's not that I didn't want a baby..I just wanted to reach at a certain level before starting a family."

Anaaya let out a sigh. Of course. She had plans too. She had to at least become the chief editor before becoming a mother.

And here she was. Technically she wasn't even an editor right now, she would have been if they had promoted her but they didn't.

Instead, they handed her over the layouts. Knowing damn well that Anaaya's writing was actually appreciated by the general public. At the same time, she actually had confidence in herself.

Let them fail. Let them not get a good feedback. Let them come crawling back to me.

So yes, she had plans too. But life didn't work that way. It was unpredictable.

"I know, Hassan. Me too." She whispered softly.

Hassan shook his head.

"The point is that I was actually really happy when I came back because of a reason." He told her.

A smile appeared on her face.

"And?" She mumbled, waiting for him to tell her the good news.

Here goes.

"They offered me a job, Anaaya. As a senior partner in the firm of my dreams." Anaaya gasped. Her mouth gaped open at the news.

"What? Oh My God, Hassan. That's amazing!" She exclaimed reaching over and hugging him on the sofa. Both her legs on each side of him as she sat on his lap and hugged him.