18.

Chapter 18.
I know.

Hassan x Anaaya

"Yeah, I'm on my way. Tell them to wait and get the papers ready for me." He mumbled, completely ignoring the fact that I was stood right behind him.

"Mhmm, yes." He kept talking to a guy called Waseem who was apparently his go to guy over here. Assistant, helper, friend, I didn't know.

I rolled my eyes.

"Hassan, I-" I tried to say something but he put up his hand, telling me to pause since he was on the phone.

"So you think you can do that? Well, go ahead." He said, on the phone.

I was getting late too, you dickhead.

"Hassan," I said again, my voice louder than before. He put a hand on the phone speaker and looked at me.

"Yes, Anaaya?" He asked, in a completely montone voice.

"Can you drop me at my office?" I questioned, he shook his head at me.

Ever since that argument over Ahmad two days ago, we hadn't been intimate, neither had he been romantic of charming towards me but we would talk, it was always straightforward questions and answers. No playing around.

"I can't, I'm already busy. Besides a few guests are coming to meet you today." He replied, making me sigh. Fucking guests.

"They're coming in the evening, I'll go right now and come back before lunch." I answered back. He nodded.

"Okay, well. Go with the driver, he's outside." He simply stated.

If I wanted to go with the driver, I wouldn't have asked you.

He went back to skimming between some files and talking on the phone. Now how do I tell him that I wanted to go with him so we could talk about the fact that I didn't expect him to be friends with Ahmad, I just wanted them to respect each other. For me.

I wasn't stupid. I had just been so upset at his behaviour that day. And confused too.

And he had been stubborn too. And maybe a little arrogant. I just didn't know how to feel about the whole thing.

"Hassan,-" I started off as he was about to leave and he turned around.

"Ab kya hai Anaaya, mujhe jana hai. (What is it, Anaaya? I have to go)"

He declared, exasperated.

"I want to go with you." I replied.

His eyes lingered on my face, staying there for a few moments. After that, he nodded.

"Okay fine, come."

Both of us started to walk downstairs, an awkward silence between us. Why was this man so hard to understand? He would be so thoughful and so charming and yet would turn cold at times. I kept staring at him, trying to figure it out.

It wasn't until I heard the voice of my mother in law that I looked away. She observed the both of us, her eyes raking my clothes. A black top and blue jeans.

"Good morning, you both woke up now?" She questioned, greeting us. I shook ny head.

"Nahin aunty, main jaldi uth gayi thi. (No aunty, I woke up early)" I replied, walking forward.

"Neeche kyun nahi aayi? (Why didn't you come downstairs?)"

"I was arranging the closet and stuff." I answered her question and poured myself a glass of water as Hassan stood near the door.