23.

------------

Chapter 23.
Sorry just isn't good enough.

"Life happens, disappointments happen, people screw you over, you screw people over. You love yourself, you hate yourself. It's a constant battle but it's life. If you don't fight for it, are you really worth living?" - Me 💥

 If you don't fight for it, are you really worth living?" - Me 💥

Hassan x Anaaya.

It wasn't untill the dawn of the day that Hassan and Anaaya boarded their aircraft. It had been a long day, with Hassan worrying about his little sister and calling his assistant every five minutes, yelling at him to book him a flight.

Anaaya hadn't seen him so frustrated before, the frown lines on his forehead were constant, not even an inch of relaxation on his face and rightly so, his sister had gone missing.

Hiba, his sister kept telling his family that Rania hadn't been missing, she had escaped. Half of her stuff was gone, what possible explanation was there for that?

His family had refused to accept that Rania would do something so absurd, even Hassan had completely denied it, telling Hiba to shut her damn mouth.

Anaaya felt guilty.

Her conscious reminding her that she knew who Rania had ran away with, a little bit more than the others.

Hassan sat beside the window seat, his eyes focusing on absolutely nothing as he recited a few verses of the Holy Quran, praying for his sister.

Anaaya made a quick prayer too, her hand enfolded around Hassan's. He looked at her.

"I don't understand how can she just, go missing." He said quietly.

"What did Aunty say?" Anaaya asked him, he turned to look at her.

"I don't know, mama said that she went out with her friends and then never came back." He inhaled a deep sigh after that.

She could see the stress on his face, feel the tension oozing out of him.

"Hey, she's gonna be okay, don't worry." She whispered, holding his arm and trying to comfort him with the only way she knew how.

"How can I not, Anaaya? She's my youngest sister, I've not loved any sibling as much as I love her. If something happens to her I-" He stopped, not even completing his sentence.

She realised how family oriented he was and how much he cared but at the same time, she felt rather scared. What if Hassan didn't understand her? She wanted to tell him about that day, but she didn't know how he would react.

"Nothing will happen to her, okay? You have to stay calm," She said instead. Hassan sighed.

"I don't even understand how, she always goes out with her friends and always comes back on time."