22.

M

Chapter 22
I want to stay.

Anaaya.

We were sat in our cottage, still too lazy to get up and go outside. Our bodies snuggled close to each other.

Last night was one of those glorious nights where we failed to keep our hands off of each other,

I had gotten too confident of my sexuality ever since I had been with him, I was pretty confident before as well but not like this. Nothing like this.

I woke up with a groan, my eyes opened to see my husband staring out the window from the cottage, taking in the view, a pair of sweatpants hung loosely over him.

He turned around at hearing the shuffling and he gave me a small smile.

"Finally woke up?" He mumbled, still standing beside the window.

"I did, and you're not here by my side." I replied, he chuckled as I slowly sat up on the bed, leaning against the head board.

He walked over to me, grabbing my cheek and kissing the side of my mouth.

"Good morning, wife." He greeted.

"Morning, husband. Any plans for today?" I asked, a slight yawn escaping my mouth.

"I got some coffee and croissants since we're having brunch with a friend of mine today." He informed, I frowned.

"A friend? Here?" I asked, raising my eyes.

"Yeah, he lives in Paris but is here on vacation." I nodded at the response.

I stood up from the bed, walking towards the bathroom. I freshened up and decided to change from my night gown to clothes that could be deemed appropriate for brunch.

I changed into a tight fitted jeans along with a white top, I paired it with some red stilletos and decided to do my makeup, I drank my coffee side by side, putting some foundation on my face and letting it blend.

After putting on various products to make myself look presentable, I finally put on a soft pink lipstick and brushed my hair.

Alright, good to go.

I noticed Hassan was still staring by the window, outside

"You keep staring at that view like it's going to vanish." I commented, dragging his attention back to me.

He smiled, his eyes taking me in as he took a few steps towards me.

"It calms me, feels like there are no worries here." He replied.

There was a certain softness on his face ever since he had been here, I hadn't seen that softness back home, there was either a blank face, a firm one or just a normal one. Even his behaviour was different, it was much more gentle.