!

Hello friends! I did talk about in the last chapter about other series, and this one has been sitting in my drafts for a long long time. So I'd thought I'd share a part of it, and if y'all are interested, I'll make it into a full fledged story.

Enjoy!

---

Creak. Creak. Creak. Small footsteps across the wooden floors of a little girl's home creaked the floorboards. Barefoot and with terrified eyes, she slowly crept around the dark house. A little girl, no older than five with red glasses perched on her nose stood in the hallway. Her hands were shaking and her skin was noticeably paler. It was when she saw a drop of red on the floor was when she panicked. She followed the trail of red, eventually coming across the family sitting room. There scattered on the floor were around twenty sharp, intricately curved blades. They too were scattered with blood. However, when she entered the room, they disappeared. She raised a shaking her to her mouth when she saw it. 

Her mother laid on the floor, with her long dark hair caked in blood. The little girl ran over to her and flipped her over. Her mother's face looked relatively peaceful, with her eyes being closed and her mouth slightly parted. There were large stab wounds across her entire body; an incredibly gruesome sight. However, the little girl was not going to give up so easily. She was not going to just give up on the person that raised her.

She knotted her hands together and continuously pressed on her mother's chest. No response. She took a deep breath in and connected her mouth with her mothers, giving her air. No response. She repeated these actions over and over, attempting to preform CPR. But no response. The little girl leaned her head on her mother's chest, attempting to hear a heartbeat. Tears pricked her eyes when there wasn't a response. 

She laid there, silently crying next to her mother for hours. She was the only thing left for the little girl: her entire world. But now that she was gone, she didn't know what to do. The police came soon after, and took her mother in where she was professionally announced dead by paramedics. The little girl could do nothing but wait in the police station for her fate. She was told she would be transferred to an orphanage until she was at the age of adulthood or until she found a suitable guardian.

She thought she had already been through hell, but this was just the beginning. She was one of the few children at the worn down orphanage, and funding was extremely low. She had to run on three extremely light meals a day, and limited sleep, shelter, clothing, and guidance. She went to the public school and often was teased when she didn't have enough money for pencils and paper. The caretakers were a whole other can of worms. They were sweet and kind, but were gone most of the time. A middle-aged couple ran the place, and they didn't have enough money to properly run it. So they had to be gone most of the time to make money off of other jobs. 

Which left our protagonist and the other children. When she had arrived, there was only one child there. However, they had died in an accident on the way to school. Shortly after that, two more children arrived, but were soon re-adopted a few years later. She had grown to be about the age of thirteen with another child came. A little girl with white hair and piercing gray eyes who was named Elizabeth. She was about seven years younger than our girl, and seemed to be fresh off the boat. From that point on, the veteran orphan took the small child under her wing because of the absence of their caretakers. 

Two years had passed since the arrival of Elizabeth, and our veteran had now grown into a promising young woman. Determined to give her and Elizabeth a better life, she ventured out to her childhood dream that would help support them. 

Heroics. 

Her name is Irelia Mikizuki, and this is her journey on the road to becoming a hero.