Chapter 60

This has got to be the worst timing for me to find out if I have a mini Joel inside me or not.

"Ok first thing is first; go out there and get your man and we will deal with this later" Ingrid suggests.

Just then, someone knocks on the door for the second time. As Ingrid opens up, my dad walks in.

"They're ready for us" he says approaching me.

He had suddenly stopped in his tracks as soon as he had seen me standing there in my wedding dress with a bouquet of flowers in my hand.

"What's wrong dad? You look...shocked" I speak up.

He snaps out of his thoughts and shakes his head.

"It's nothing I just...wow. You are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I can't believe my one and only daughter grew up so fast"

"Aw dad" I walk toward him and give him a hug. "I'm not going anywhere don't worry dad. I'll still be your little girl"

"This is too cute. I have to capture this moment" Ingrid lifted up a camera as she clicked away. "Alright, let's go girls. Maya, we will meet you outside"

On saying that, the rest of the girls make their way out, leaving just me and dad. He would be the one walking me down the aisle.

"You ready?" he asks, holding out his arm.

"Wait, not yet" I begin fixing my dad's bowtie on his tux as he chuckles. "There you go" I giggled.

Linking my arm with his, I take a deep breath as he opens the door. There was a red carpet set out along with the guests on chairs on each side of the carpet. Everybody had turned around to face us as they took out their phones to record and take photos.

"Don't freak out, everyone thinks you look amazing" my dad whispered as he realised I had grabbed onto his arm tighter due to how nervous I was.

Looking up, I see Joel standing there, with his boys behind him. He looked extremely handsome as he flashed a smile at me. I shyly smiled back as my dad had finally dropped me off in front of Joel, walking back to his seat.

"You look beautiful Maya" he whispers.

"You don't look too bad yourself"

The priest had then cleared his throat, grabbing everyone's attention as he had begun the ceremony. With all the religious rituals over with, it was now time for the moment I had been waiting for.

"Joel Pimentel De Leon, do you, take Maya Elizabeth Francis to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and hold, from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, for sickness and health, till death do you apart?" the priest had said.

"I do" Joel smiles.

"Maya Elizabeth Francis, do you, take Joel Pimentel De Leon to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and hold, from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, for sickness and health, till death do you apart?"

"I do" I say.

"You may now kiss the bride" the priest finishes off.

Smiling away, Joel pulls me in for a sweet, soft yet, meaningful kiss. Just as our lips had attached, I hear Ingrid's loud voice cheering in the back. Some people may call it awkward for her but I call it another reason as to why she's my best friend. Considering everyone was looking at her since she was the only one cheering with joy. As soon as we had pulled apart, that is when everyone began to cheer and clap.

With all the wedding rituals aside, everyone had now gone back to the reserved venue for Joel and I's wedding. The place was decorated with purple lights and multiple flower décor. The guests were sitting at their tables in their designated seats as Joel and I were sat on stage that was set for the bride and groom.