Chapter 42

A/N: Ok guys I am an emotional mess right now. I had to make a really big decision in this chapter and I don't want y'all to hate me for it so stay ready. Also you might want to have tissues nearby coz I definitely needed them.

Joel's POV

"Man, I am starving" Chris says as we all climb out of the pool with water dripping off our bodies.

"Who votes pizza?" I ask.

Everybody cheered so I took that as a definite 'yes'. I asked someone from management team if we were allowed to order pizza for lunch. Afterwards, I walked over to Amber who had her sunglasses on and seemed as if she fell asleep in the sun.

"Any calls?" I asked, picking up my phone and unlocking it.

"Nope, sorry" she replies, not looking at me.

Why wouldn't Maya call me? She told me she would and I was saving my one phone call for her. Feeling disappointed and slightly upset, I placed my phone back in my pocket. Maybe her surgery got delayed?

We all headed back into our hotel rooms to shower up before lunch would arrive. After freshening up and getting the intense smell of chlorine off my body, I checked my phone once again to see if Maya had called yet.

"Still hasn't called?" Erick asks, walking past me.

"Nope"

I decided not to check my phone anymore because I would just keep disappointing myself every minute. Heading downstairs again, I see that the pizzas had already arrived.

"Yum" I lick my lips looking at each and every box filled with different flavoured pizzas that were still warm.

"Alright guys, here's our agenda for today. You have rehearsals and sound check after lunch, then you have to start signing album covers that we will be giving out and then you have a show tonight. So, eat up and relax for a bit while I book a ride to take you to rehearsals" Renato announces throughout the room while we ate.

"Hey Joel" I hear a voice as I look up.

It was Amber and she took a seat next to me with a smile on her face.

"Oh hey" I go back to eating my slice.

"How are you"

"I'm ok I guess. Aren't you going to eat?" I ask, seeing as she hadn't had a pizza yet.

"Nah, I'm sort of on a strict diet" she replies.

Looking at her slim body, I did not understand why she was on a diet. I know if it was Maya, she'd take the slice off me instead.

"Anyway" she crosses her legs and scoots closer to me as I see her skirt ride up revealing more of her bare thighs.

"Yep" I awkwardly go back to eating,

"Busy day you have ahead" she continues.

"True, but we all enjoy what we do so I wouldn't really call it busy" I replied.

The only person I can stand talking a lot, is Maya. Everybody else just becomes irritating with their constant chatter. An hour had passed before Renato came back in, letting us know it was time to get going.

"Well Joel, I guess I'll see you when you come back. Have fun" Amber gives me a hug before heading upstairs to her room.

One by one, we were all filing out of the room and making our way towards the car that was waiting. Renato was just behind us, waiting for us all to go out. I was about to exit the door but decided to stop and ask Renato about Maya.