Chapter 29

A/N: I feel like my chapters are getting boring lmao. Stay patient my lovelies I swear there's more to come.

3:17pm

"Thank you for all this Mrs William but you really didn't have to. We just came by to see you" I told Mrs William as she set down some tea and biscuits in her living room for us.

"It's my pleasure Maya" she takes a seat next to her husband on the couch opposite from Joel and I.

"So, is this the young gentlemen we've been hearing so much about?" her husband asks, looking at Joel.

"Yes sir, that would be me" he chuckles.

We continued to chat away with the William family and surprisingly, they had a lot of stories to tell us when they were a young couple. Joel and I were intrigued and wanted to hear more.

"Let me give you a piece of advice" Mr William starts off. "The key to a happy and long-lasting relationship is just patience and loyalty. If your partner is both of those things then you have nothing to stress about. My wife and I used to go through a lot as teenagers but we stayed patient and now, here we are, happy as ever after spending half our life together"

Elderly couples are honestly the cutest human beings ever.

"I've lost her more than once and I'm not letting that happen again" Joel takes my hand and comforts me with a warm smile.

After multiple conversations about several topics, I finally decided to tell Mr William what I would be doing in order to help him regarding his health.

"Mr William I actually came by to let you know about a decision I had made a couple of days ago. I've decided I wanted to help you and... wanted to donate my kidney to you. I know I wasn't asked to but I really want to help"

"Oh Maya dear, that's really no necessary" he replies.

"I know sir but believe me when I say I'm confident about my decision and I'm sticking to it. Nobody deserves to go through this and I really want to help"

The two of them look at each other worryingly. They asked if my parents knew about this and I had told them that my parents would be coming to visit them another time to talk through it. My part was done; all I have to do now is go through the actual process.

After spending a couple of hours at their place, we decided to head back. I thanked them for having us over before heading back to Joel's car.

"I like them" Joel says, starting up the engine.

"Yeah, they're great"

"It's actually getting too late to drive back home. What do you say we book a room in the nearest hotel and stay the night?" he asks.

We both agreed to stop for the night at the nearby hotel. As soon as we had reached our destination, we were grabbing our bags from the car and into the hotel. Reaching the reception and asking for a room, we realised how expensive staying one night would be.

"Joel, it's too much for one night are you sure?" I whisper to him.

"Don't worry about it babe, it's nothing" he whips out his credit card and makes his payment.

The receptionist gave us our key and we were about to walk up to our room until I see some familiar faces enter the hotel doors.

"Dad?"

I run up to my dad and the four remaining CNCO boys who just coincidently happen to be staying at this hotel too.

"Maya, there you are" my dad says as I greeted him with a hug leaving Joel behind.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked.

"Oh, okay you don't want to see us? I get it, I see how it is. Let's go boys, we aren't wanted here" Richard jokingly says before exiting the doors again.

"Wait!" I grab his arm and pull him back inside.

I told him I didn't want them to leave as I was clearly confused as to why we're all here on the same night at the same hotel.

"Don't mind him Maya he's just being dramatic. We were called by our team to come here tonight because we had an interview tomorrow morning and a photo shoot right after" Zabdiel explains.

I explained our side of the story and after that, everything was well and settled.

"Why don't you guys book rooms on the same floor as us?" Joel asks.

My dad was the one booking the rooms while the rest of us waited on the side with our luggage. Just then, a woman with two puppies on a leash enters the hotel.

"Aww look at the puppies" Erick says as they all stared.

"Um no thank you, I'm out of here" I was about to turn on my heel and walk away but Joel had grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"Maya, they're just dogs. You're bigger than them they won't harm you" he says.

"Coming from a dude who owns three dogs" I snap back.

I was too busy in conversation, arguing with Joel that I didn't realise something was touching my leg, and that something was the same puppy from before.

"Holy shit, aah!" I jumped up into Joel's arms, keeping myself far from the dogs.

I didn't realise how loud I had screamed until I see multiple people in the lobby staring at me and watching my little dramatic meltdown.

"It's ok darling they wont bite" the lady smiles.

"Told you" Joel whispers, still grabbing me.

"One more word out of you mister and I'm feeding you to the dogs" I whisper yell back.

The rest of the boys took out their phones and began recording the little puppies.

"Joel please, can we go somewhere else" I was on the verge of freaking out even more.

He carried me bridal style, away from the puppies and set me down. Joel wanted to go play with the puppies but I didn't let him leave my side until we had to head upstairs to our rooms. My dad finally walks over to us and we all grab our bags and head inside the open elevator. It was quite late at night so there weren't many people walking around and therefore, it was just us in the elevator.

"In my opinion, dogs should be banned from entering hotels or anywhere that there are humans like me who dislike dogs" I say out loud, crossing my arms.

"Relax Maya, I don't know why you're so freaked out about this" Richard says.

"Now I have to bath in antiseptic water because the dog touched my leg"

Everyone was quiet since they knew I wouldn't shut up about this. The elevator was heading upwards to our floor when all of a sudden, it comes to a stop with a loud bang. The lights go out and the emergency red button appears. That was the only light we had.

"What just happened?" I ask.

"I think the elevator broke down" my dad says, inspecting the available emergency buttons.

"See Maya? This is what you get for talking bad about dogs" Erick whispers to me as he leans closer to me.

"Shut it Colon"