Chapter 48

"You're not saying a word Maya; did I say something wrong?" Joel asks, slightly concerned as he was still holding out the ring.

"I'm fine, I just wasn't expecting this" I managed to say in between soft sobs.

"Just tell me you want to spend the rest of your life with me as much as I want to with you"

"Yes" I whisper, nodding my head.

He slips on the ring and stands up. Picking me up to spin me around with happiness, he puts me down as our lips meet.

"I wont lie, I was so scared you would say no because you don't remember the memories we had and what we've been through as much as I remember every single thing" he says.

"Truth be told, I still don't completely remember every single detail. But now that I'm with you, it feels like none of that matters and I'm willing to learn as I go. As long as I have you beside me, holding my hand every step of the way" I softly spoke before leaning up and giving his nose a quick peck.

He didn't say anything but continued to smile, still holding me in his arms.

"So, how did you know it was my dream to be proposed near the Eiffel Tower?" I ask.

"A little bird told me" he replies with a mischievous smile.

"Does that little bird happen to have a big mouth and go by the name, Ingrid?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I don't know what you're talking about" he looks away, still not letting go. "Now let's get going and give everyone the happy news. I want to show off my new fiancé" he takes my left hand and gently kisses my knuckles.

I may be acting calm right now, but inside I'm an emotional mess. I was happy, proud, excited and my inner CNCO fangirl was screaming with joy. Never in my life would I have thought I'd be engaged to the most gorgeous Mexican boy I've ever laid eyes on.

"Thank you for your service gentlemen" Joel was tipping the waiters as we made our way downstairs.

"Our pleasure sir and congratulations" the waiter replies, looking at my ring.

"You told him too?" I whisper to Joel as we stepped inside the elevator that would take us back down.

"Well I had to if I wanted the night to go perfect" he replied pressing his fingers to level 1.

As soon as we had reached everyone, we noticed my dad paying the bill as they were making their way out of the restaurant. Catching up to them, we decided to tell them the good news.

"Oh hey, didn't see you there. How was it?" Ingrid looks back with surprise as I had touched her shoulder.

"How do you think?" I smile, holding up my left hand which had the diamond ring around it.

"No way" her mouth drops open as her eyes widen. "Oh my gosh this is so exciting!" she strangles her arms around my neck with joy and pure excitement.

Pulling away, I see the rest of the boys congratulating Joel, including my dad.

"Dad, you knew about this?" I asked as I approached him.

"I sure did. Joel just wanted to get my blessing before he actually popped the question to you. I was told to keep hush about it though"

Reaching back to the hotel, we noticed that a few fans were waiting outside the door for CNCO. The boys were nice enough to sign a few pictures and take a few photos with the fans while Ingrid and I made our way inside, back to our rooms.

"Ok girl, now you can scream" Ingrid says as soon as we had stepped into our rooms.

"Oh my god I can't believe it actually happened! Ahhh!" I made my way to bed and began jumping on it as my high-pitched scream filled the room.