Chapter 20

"I knew there was something sketchy about her" I take her phone and read the whole notification even though her phone was still locked.

"Do you think we should tell the cops?" Ingrid asks looking at me.

I look over at Amber who was still standing side stage.

"Not yet, I want to have some fun first" I smirk.

It was almost 10pm and the show was coming to an end. However, I don't see Amber standing side stage anymore. She was nowhere to be seen.

"Hey, let's go" I grab Ingrid's arm and we both make our way back to the main room.

"There she is!" Amber yells with my dad and a few other people walking beside her.

"Uh oh" I whisper to myself under my breath.

"This little thief stole my phone" she points to my hand where I was still holding her phone.

"Mays is this true? Did you steal Amber's phone?" my dad asks.

By now, even the boys had made their way back and a crowd was beginning to surround us.

"No, of course not I just-"

"Then why do you have it? That's right because you stole it!" Amber interrupts.

"I am disappointed in you Maya" my dad shakes his head. "I thought I taught you better"

"It's not true, I didn't steal it I was just-" it was pointless, no matter how hard I tried to explain, no one would listen.

"Ah, I don't want to hear excuses. Give Amber her phone back and apologise" everyone's eyes were now on me as my dad had said those words.

The pressure was overwhelming me negatively. Tears began to brim in my eyes and as soon as I handed Amber her phone, I ran in the opposite direction, pushing past Joel and the boys who were standing in the way. My vision was becoming blurry as the tears wouldn't stop. I ran into the first bathroom stall before my back slides down the door. That's when I let all my emotions pour out as I began sobbing heavily.

Why do I have to be so sensitive?

"Maya, open up please" there was a knock on the door.

I recognize that voice.

"Leave me alone" I reply still bawling my eyes out.

"No, I'm not leaving until you open the door. I will wait out here all night if I have to"

Coming out of the stall, there was no one. The knocking was coming from outside the door. I quickly washed my face and dried it with a paper towel. My eyes were still red and puffy yet, I still made my way to open the door to the girl's bathroom entrance.

"Hey Erick" I softly say looking up at him.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" he asks, smiling.

How could I say no to that adorable smile and those emerald green eyes? I nod my head and grab Erick's arm which he had held out for me to snake my arm around.

"Now tell me, what's got you in such a mood?" he asks as we begin walking.

"Can't you tell? Everyone hates me. What more is there to tell?"

"Nobody hates you Maya. I certainly don't" he reassures me.

"You don't, but everyone else sure does. My dad, Amber, Joel and even my own best friend might be starting to get annoyed of me" we had reached the dark end of the hallways, however we still kept walking even though we couldn't see anything.

My grip on Erick had tightened.

"Nina, Joel doesn't hate you. In face, it's the opposite. Haven't you seen the photos? He has dark circles under his eyes; he doesn't eat or sleep well. He's been much quieter in interviews"

"No, I haven't seen the photo's actually. I've been staying off that sort of thing"

"What I'm trying to say is, it's obvious you both miss each other. Right now may not be the best time, but once this whole mess is over, you two will be back with each other in no time"

"And what makes you say that?" I ask.

"Because" he stops to turn around to face me

There was some lighting so I could see his face.

"Because none of us like Amber. We'd much rather prefer you over her any day. Please Maya, that girl looks like she walked straight out of hell and she doesn't even treat Joel nicely. You don't see it but we do, we're around them more than half the day. Please Maya, promise me you will talk to him and figure things out" he begs.

"I wish I could Erick but, I don't control his life. Management does"

He opened his mouth to say something then closed it again, realizing I was actually right.

"Anyway, we should get going. But thank you, talking to you really helped clear my head" I embrace him in a hug.

"Don't forget, even if you think everyone hates you, just remember that the rest of the CNCO boys still love you" he replies.

How is this guy still single? Any girl in the world would be lucky to have an Erick in her life. He is such a sweetheart. Not to mention, all the CNCO boys are. Except Joel of course.

"There you are" Ingrid runs over to me and Erick as we entered the room with everyone sitting around.

"Yep, here I am" I awkwardly chuckle.

"How are you feeling?" she asks.

"Better" I smile, looking at Erick.

11:32pm

We had just reached home as soon as we had dropped Ingrid off to her house. I was quite tired and all I wanted to do was snuggle up in my warm bed and drift off to sleep, hoping my dreams would help me escape this harsh reality. I was currently in my bathroom, washing away my makeup and observing myself in the mirror. That's when an idea had appeared in my head.

Why did I not think about this earlier?

Making my way to my bag, I grab Joel's diary and begin writing away, filling one page after another. All my emotions and feelings were being poured onto pieces of paper. I don't care if this was Joel's diary, he's the one who gave it to me and if I want to keep it then I will. Screw what Joel wants, I'll throw this diary in his face if he ever asks for it. Not that he ever will, he's too busy shoving his tongue down the fame whore's throat

After I was done writing, I closed the diary and placed it on my bedside. Getting out of bed, I head downstairs into my parent's room as they were both still awake in bed.

"Can I come in?" I knocked on their door lightly.

"Come in Maya" my mum answers.

I pushed the door open and make my way next to her on the bed. My dad was on his end of the bed, but will awake.

"Why is my girl still awake?" my mum runs her hand through my hair.

"Actually, I came here to talk to you about something"

"What is it?" she asks.

My dad's attention was also on me now.

"I decided I want to return to my university early" I say looking down.

They both look at each other with a concerned look on their face before my dad speaks up.

"But you're still on holidays. You don't have to go back for another three weeks"

"I know but I want to go back now. I don't want to stay here any longer. I thought I would feel at home once I came back, but it doesn't even feel like home anymore. I want to go back now. I'm sorry"