Chapter 39

Maya's POV

"What is she doing here?" I asked, looking at Amber standing there with a smug expression.

"Came to say hi to Joel of course. Is that a problem?" she crosses her arms.

"Yes, it is actually. We're busy" I pass her a fake smile.

"Oh...right" she had finally realised what was going on. "Well, I'll leave you guys to it. Anyways, I'll see you around Joel" she leans in to hug Joel before finally walking away, swaying her hips as she walked.

"Please tell me we're leaving first thing tomorrow morning" I say, shutting the door, walking back to the bed.

"Definitely"

"Actually, I don't feel like watching the movie anymore. I think I might just wait for room service then go to bed" I pull the blanket over me.

Before Joel could answer, there's a knock at the door again.

"It's open, come in!" he yells.

Just then, the door opens up with a man entering, along with some delicious smelling food being rolled in on a trolley.

"Room service for Maya Pimentel?" he asks.

"Yup that's us" I smiled.

He removed the lid on each plate as the aroma of delicious food came breezing into my nose. After removing each lid, he exits the room, leaving the food right in front of us.

"Cute name, Maya Pimentel" Joel chuckles.

"I know right?"

It wasn't long before we both dug into our foods. Laughing and enjoying the night away, not realizing how late it had actually gotten.

"Ok for real now, I'm going to bed" I was crawling on the bed back to my side when I felt a strong pair of arms grab my legs and dragging me back.

"No, you aren't" Joel's fingers move to my stomach where he knows I'm most ticklish and begins doing so.

"S-stop" I managed to get out between laughs.

Legs kicking up in the air, trying to get out of his grip, my hands try to find his arm so I could remove them from my body.

"No can do ma'am" Joel continues.

Escaping from his grip, I quickly pulled the blanket over me so I was hidden from his sight.

"I can still see you" Joel lifts up the blanket from the other end and pokes his head in.

Laying down next to me, he attempts to shut his eyes but I had a better idea. Jumping on him and straddling his hips, I begin to tickle him the way he did to me.

"This isn't over" I laugh.

Before I could continue, his strong muscular hands grab my arms and pull them away from his body.

"You forgot I'm the stronger one here" he smirks as I struggle to remove my hands from his grip.

"Ugh, screw you Pimentel. At least let me have this one" I groan, relaxing my arms since I was struggling knowing it was no point fighting him.

Leaning down, I rest my head on his chest, ready to sleep. His hands travel down to my butt as they rested there.

"Goodnight Joel" I muffle, shutting my eyes.

"Goodnight Maya"

10:56 am

A few weeks had passed since Amber's random hotel appearance. Unfortunately, that wasn't the only time. She manages to find her way to Joel no matter what it took. Even though I trusted him with my whole life, I didn't trust her around him. She would make any excuse to talk to him, touch him and spend as much time as she could with him.