Chapter 54

"Maybe soon, I need a drink" I placed my hand on his chest as I walked away with a wink.

My dress swept across the marble floor as I made my way outside towards the food table, thinking of what drink I should pour Joel and I.

"Too many to choose from?" I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Emanuel, hey" I smiled. "And yes, I can't make up my mind"

"May I suggest something?" he asks as he stood beside me.

"Go ahead, after all this is your house" I chuckled.

Just then, he picks up a glass filled with a mysterious flavoured drink and hands it to me.

"My all time favourite; the hurricane cocktail" he smiles.

"I'm trusting you on this"

"You're going to love it. It's a classic" he replies.

Grabbing another glass for Joel, I carefully made my way through the crowd of dancing people, trying not to spill any on myself

"Here you go" I hand the glass to Joel as I took a seat next to him.

"Thanks"

As we were drinking away, more of Joel's extended family members were approaching us as Joel introduced me to each and every one of them.

"Mind if I steal her away for a second? Ok thanks" Liz had approached me as she gripped my arm and lead me outside.

She then walked over to a group of girls who were sitting and chatting amongst themselves.

"Girls, this is Maya and Maya, meet the rest of the family" she introduces me.

"Any more cousins I should be aware of?" I asked Liz as the girls began laughing.

"Not in this country at least. You'll meet the rest in Mexico" Liz jokes back.

I spent a while meeting and getting to know the girls.

"So you're telling me he specifically made sure he'd propose to you in front of the Eiffel Tower?" one girl asks as they wanted to know the details of the proposal.

"Yep, even I wasn't expecting that" I replied.

"Well who would? I thought that stuff only happened in movies" Abby says.

"You know, for someone who's never dated before. He pulled this off pretty smoothly" Liz says.

"It still surprises me till this date how he managed to stay single. That boy is every girls dream" I say.

"It's true, every time we would go out as family, we would ask him to bring a girl if he liked but he always showed up alone. For a second we all began to question his sexuality but turns out he was just dating his music the whole time" Abby says.

"That is actual goals though" one of the younger girl says after she had heard the whole proposal story.

"Yeah well, I got lucky" I chuckled and looked down at my ring.

After chatting for a couple more minutes, I decided to go talk to Joel's mother and spend some time with my future mother in law.

"Maya, come join us" she smiles as she made room for me.

"Thank you" I took a seat as I sat down.

A couple other women were sitting beside her as I was being introduced. I feel like all of Mexico knows me now by the amount of people I'd been introduced to. Sitting next to Patricia were Joel's aunties.

"I'm glad you liked your dress, I didn't know what size you were so the girls and I took our best estimated guess" she says.

"I wanted to thank you for that. This is such a beautiful dress and I honestly feel so overwhelmed with all this" I looked around, referring to the party.

"It was no big deal. We wanted to welcome you to the family the way the Pimentel's do it" she laughed.

After spending some time with his mother and aunties, I decided to head back to Joel, not wanting to leave him for too long.

"I should probably go find Joel, I ditched the guy back there" I excused myself.

"Yes of course, go for it" Patricia says.

I made my way inside and back to Joel who was sitting alone on the couch. I sat next to him and gave my feet a break from all that walking and dancing. As time had gone by, we then see the rest of the boys enter the lounge room where Joel and I had been sitting.

"May I have a dance with the bride to be?" Erick holds out his hand.

I giggled and shook my head as I grabbed his hand and made our way to the dance floor. He and I spent the next ten to fifteen minutes dancing away as each song passed. It wasn't long until we were interrupted by Chris and the boys.

"Alright move over, you had your chance. It's our turn" Chris says, playfully shoving Erick to the side as I continued to dance with all four of the boys.

I didn't think much of it as these boys were like family to me. They wanted to loosen up and have a good time and that was all; I didn't think anything else after that. As I was dancing away, I could see Joel still sitting in the exact same spot, not looking so happy.

"I'll be back guys" I excuse myself from the group and make my way towards him. "Hey loner" I teased, sitting next to him.

However, he flinched at my touch and scooted over to the side. Almost as if he didn't want to sit next to me. I was unable to get a reply from him.

"Come dance with us" I grabbed his arm.

"Why? Dancing with four boys isn't enough?" he spat back, not making eye contact with me.

"Excuse me? How could you even think that? You know what, I am going to give you some time to cool off. I don't want to make this worse by sitting here and arguing with you" standing up and leaving him there, I make my way to the dance floor again, back to the boys.

In the peripheral vision of my eyes, I see Joel stand up and make his way upstairs. He still seemed mad.

"Excuse me boys" I say as I followed him.

However, I had lost him and had no idea which room he had gone into. As I was walking down the hall, I felt my arm being pulled into a dark room. My back was pushed against a wall as I felt a pair of lips being attached to mine.

"Jump" said Joel, feeling his hands on my thighs as I was lifted up.

As I was placed on his bed, he extended his arm to switch on the lamp that was placed on the bed side table. His eyes filled with pure anger and lust as he explored each inch of my body, slowly removing our pieces of clothing as he kept going.

The next half an hour was spent in ecstasy and pleasure. However, this wasn't the same old loving and gentle Joel. He had revealed his dark and rough side for the first time.

"Joel-"

"Shut up" he growled.

"Protection" I managed to say in between heavy breaths.

"I said shut up!" he said even louder.

Each thrust was rough and hard. I was in pain yet I felt some type of pleasure here and there. I was close to reaching my high as was Joel. He made sure the last thrust was hard and heavy. As we both came, he stood up and placed his clothes back on. Joel wasn't even out of breath, he was still in anger for some reason. I on the other hand, was still laid down, trying to catch my breath as the cold air had hit my body. I no longer had Joel's bare body covering mine with warmth like it was previously.

"Don't let me catch you dancing with the boys ever again" he leaves the room and slams the door shut with a loud bang.