Baby Bucky - Bucky Barnes x Reader

Start from the beginning

-(Y/N)...

You couldn't stop yourself from screaming :

-Don't (Y/N) me good sir, I've had just about enough ALRIGHT !?

Steve looked at you, surprised. So far, you've always been so nice and did everything without complaining, your sudden surge of rage surprised him...It really wasn't your type...You sighted and it looked like you were about to say something, but you didn't, and just left the room, locking yourself in the bedroom you currently shared with Bucky.

Steve decided to give you a bit of time. You didn't even let him time to explain that really, this time was THE time. After five years, the government finally decided they needed Captain America and co, understanding that trying to control them wasn't the right solution (though they were clauses to their come back and amnesty). As for Tony Stark...He still wanted Bucky to pay, but slowly started to FINALLY understand that the Winter Soldier wasn't responsible for his actions, as he was brainwashed by fucking Hydra ! Things were getting brighter. But he understood your point of view. How it could seem hopeless...After all, the past five years hadn't been easy for you.

Before even realizing it you fell asleep in your bed, completely forgetting about Steve still in the living room.

While waiting for his best friend, Steve decided to clear his head a bit, and went to the bathroom to splash his face...that's when he saw them. The twenty one pregnancy tests. All positive according to the boxes. Wait...so that meant...WOW !

So that's why you were so cranky. Most people would peg Captain America for a naive and sometimes a bit stupid man (the blond hair maybe ? And his look when something modern surprised him)...They couldn't be more wrong. He was a fine strategist, and could understand a situation fast. Like right now. You got mad at him because you thought it was another false alarm at you and Bucky being finally free from running. If it was true (which it was), you could keep the child. He knew you'd love to. And he knew his best friend would be over the moon about thinking of having a kid with you, as for quite some times now, he was craving to settle down too, tired of running away as well.

But if it was like the other times, when things didn't turn out right, and you had to escape again...then you just simply couldn't keep that baby.

He had to go and tell you, that what he was saying was true, you two could go back to America, and though life wouldn't be completely normal, you could raise a child ! After all, you had friends that were superheroes and had children...

He rushed out of the bathroom and to your bedroom, even entering without knocking and...you were sleeping. He didn't dare to disturb you, you had time to know that things were right again...

**********************

Steve was right. This time it was THE time. You couldn't believe it when you went back to America. Bucky was granted pardon, as Steve came with the proof he was brainwashed and not responsible of his actions. When you met Tony Stark, he was still very cold, but apparently, after years of convincing, he finally fucking understood that it wasn't your boyfriend's fault. Took him long enough.

So...Things were getting good right ? You could keep the kid, it was great ! But...what if Bucky didn't want to have children ? You never talked about it, never having time. Of course, you loved each other but...You just never even once mentioned it ! You talked about marriage, when things would settle down. Hell, you even talked about a house ! But...Kids ? Never.

And that scared you more than anything. Because what if he didn't want it ? What were you gonna do ? Keep it and risk the end of the best relationship you ever had (even with all the running away things) ? Abortion ? ...You wanted that child so much. The child of hope.