Click.

The Russian boy was paled and was gritting his teeth, on the verge of losing it and spilling everything he knew.

"You better start talking, or the next time I pull this trigger, it'll end you," I got closer to his face as I spoke and smirked.

Tears streamed down his face and I knew that as he kept his eyes shut, he was counting down the shots and weighing how much of a chance he had left before a bullet met his skull.

I pulled the trigger once more, and as expected, it clicked.

"I said, talk!" I barked, making him quake.

"Fine! Fine! They know - they know about the girl - the - the Romaniello girl. They know that Aurora was pregnant a while before we killed her and that there was another child," He stuttered as he tried to get the words out.

I lowered the gun from his forehead and smirked, proud of myself.

"Do they know who she is?" I asked.

"Yes. We had someone close to the Romaniellos informing us about the family, but after Adriano dropped her off at the fire department, we lost her in the adoption system and it wasn't until recently that rumors had spread that she was still in the city," He spoke fast like he was trying to beat the clock.

I paused, studying his face only to see the fear-induced honesty written all over it.

"Her name. Tell me her name so I know you aren't lying," I demanded.

"I don't - I don't know. I was never close enough to the inner circle to know, I only heard murmurs. N-something," He stammered in response.

My expression was blank, but deep down a spark of rage towards Adriano's carelessness was filling me.

The Russians know about Norah, and it was all because Adriano couldn't do a better job of hiding his daughter from his enemies.

"What do they plan on doing to her?" I finally asked the most important question, almost nerved by what his potential response would be.

"I have no idea. They never told me-"

"Don't fucking lie to me!" I snapped, bringing the gun back up to his forehead. He started breathing heavily again and shut his mouth.

"I don't know!"

I pulled the trigger, scaring him once again into talking.

"You've got one more shot left Russo," I growled, fed up with his disobedience.

He sighed and held his head low.

"I don't know specifically what they want to do to her, and that is the truth," he paused, then looked back up into my eyes without blinking, almost like a whole new person had taken over him, "but I know that the end goal is to kill that precious daughter of Adriano's-"

I pulled the trigger one last time, and this time it didn't just click.

• • •