Chapter 36

Before the dance is over, I know something isn't right. I don't feel right. I'm dizzy and I can't hold onto a single thought. Then through the mess in my mind, I realize that I'm tipsy. Slowly I connect the pieces and realize that Zack must've spiked my drink while he was kissing me- the kiss was no more than a distraction. Coming to that realization, I try my hardest to push Zack away, but only trip myself and almost fall to the ground. Being the knight in shining armour that he is, Zack catches me he holds me upright. "You tricked me! Why?" Is all I can manage to get out. He looks confused for a moment until he realizes what I mean. "I didn't do it maliciously. It's prom Jade, it's supposed to be a fun night. And this doesn't mean I've been drinking regularly either- just now- just for tonight. I promise everything will be okay." I try to take what he said in, but I just can't. My mind is swirling and thinking about things TOTALLY unrelated to whatever he just said. Smiling brightly, I twirl away from him and sashay away. I bounce into people like a bouncy ball and don't even bother with a sorry. In the back of my mind I know I shouldn't be this drunk and something more must have been added to my drink, but I don't dwell on that thought for more than a couple seconds, as I continue my journey through the crowd of people and out of the castle. I hear someone yelling behind me. "ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!" I shout back with a very overdramatic couple of bows. And suddenly I'm laughing. I can't help that I'm a very funny person and I make myself laugh. But now I'm tired of walking. I feel like I've been walking forever. Sooo I'm just going to sit on this nice green thing- it looks comfy. I take a seat and lean back, closing my eyes. "Perfect." I say to myself. Not even a second later, I'm flying out of my newfound green bed. "JADE! WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?! YOU JUST LEFT THE DAMN PROM AND NOW WE CAN'T GO BACK IN! THEY WON'T RE-ADMIT US! AND WHY THE HELL ARE YOU LYING IN A BUSH?! I ONLY GAVE YOU A TINY BIT OF ALCOHOL- NOT ENOUGH TO GET THIS FUCKED UP THIS FAST!!!" Ever so slowly, I blink at this very angry guy. He seems familiar, but I just can't seem to place him. "Uhmmmm- hehe." I just can't seem to get the words out- so I laugh and laugh and laugh. I feel like I'm going to pee my pants but this guy is just SO funny!!! Through my tears I look up at this guy, who looks rather unamused before he picks me up and starts walking off with me. He unlocks a car and puts me in, before brutally strapping me in and closing the door on me. I think he's magical because suddenly he's in this car with me and he's driving us away. Laying back I look at him. "You're cute." I blurt out. Somewhere in my head, someone is screaming at me that I shouldn't of said that. "Oh shut up!" I mumble at myself while tapping my head. The guy next to me laughs. While he laughs, he adjusts my seat, making me fall back. "How bout you close your eyes, I'll see you when you wake." And with that I'm traveling far away with the voice inside my head telling me how dumb I am to take a drink at prom where anything can happen. Cracking open my eye, I'm confused and dizzy. Groaning, I place my hand on my head and slowly open my eyes again. Once my eyes are fully open, I notice that I'm in a car and it's nighttime. Every so slowly, I sit myself up and just about scream. To my left is Zack, and all he's doing is staring at me with a smirk on his dumb face. "What the hell happened?" I ask groggily while rubbing a hand over my face. "It seems that someone really spiked your drink and it totally fucked you up. You ended up leaving the dance with me following behind, and because we couldn't get re-admitted, we left. You took a nap and I drove around for a bit before I decided to pull over and wait for you to wake. Surprisingly you weren't out all that long- three and a half hours at the most." He tells me calmly. "Ugh!" Is really all I can manage. "It's weird, I don't feel hungover, just exhausted. I guess it was just a shock to my body since I haven't drank any alcohol in forever." I say quietly. Zack hums his agreement and we head home. When we pull up to my house, we're almost completely in the dark besides the light above the garage. "I had a lot of fun tonight despite what happened. I hope you did too." He tells me. Looking at him I smile. "I did too. Thank you for taking me, I never saw that coming." I laugh a little and so does he. I start getting out of the car and he follows suit. We walk up the stairs to my front door and I start feeling awkward. As I turn to open the door he starts talking. "Listen- I'm really sorry about that big fight we had. I was pretty awful to you and you don't even know how sorry I am for that; but I was wondering... Uhm. Doyouwannagooutwithme?" He quickly rushes out, making me freeze. I take my hand off the doorknob and turn around to face him. Wow I DID NOT see any of this coming!!! I breathe in deeply before slowly letting it out and answering him. "Oh Zack. I really appreciate your apology and I'm sorry too!!! I sorta know how your mind works so I have a feeling I know how upset you are about the situation. But it's done and over with- no hard feelings. Uhm.. As for dating you... I don't know. I feel like if we dated it would just head South kinda quickly. Think about it- I brought you to a party, got you in trouble via drugs and alcohol, had you admitted- against your will or even knowledge into a rehab facility the day after you confessed your love for me. I don't know there just seems to be so many problems with us." I pause a second before continuing. "Ya'know what- Fuck it! Yes Zack, I will go out with you! Every relationship is dysfunctional to some degree and this is ours." I ran and jumped into his arms, kissing him deeply. "I love you Zack Pierce!"I whispered in his ear. "I love you too Jade!" He replies with a smile in his voice and on his face.