Chapter 18

I cuddle back under my blanket and mumble incoherently. Abruptly I am bounced around and awoken. Looking around I see I'm in a car. I look to my left and I see Zack. "Ah, good morning sleepy head." He says to me. I grumble at him. Then it hits me- I'm in his car- how did I get here? The last thing I remember was eating dinner. I look out my window to see if I know where I am but I'm am 100% lost. Turning towards Zack I ask. "Where are we going? How did I get in here? What happened? Did I get drunk last night?" The questions pour out of me. Zack laughs. "Uh, we are going on an adventure. And no you didn't get drunk." He says simply and ignores the rest of my questions. Yawning I rub my eyes and cuddle the blanket tighter even though it's the middle of summer. Hey, what can I say- I'm cold when I wake up. I drift off back to sleep and when I awake again it's dusk. Again I try to get my bearings but am still completely lost. Frustrated and confused I huff. Suddenly I feel the a pull and I am dragged into sleep once more. When I start to awaken again I don't fight waking up. I'll probably fall asleep again anyway. But surprisingly I'm wide awake. I look at the car clock and see it's eleven in the morning. I yawn a huge yawn before groaning and looking at Zack. He looks my way and smiles. "She's awake!" He laughs. I let out a small laugh and try to untangle my thoughts. After ten difficult minutes of mentally composing, I get the nerve to talk. "So, can I please know where we are going, where we are, and if I'm sick and hallucinating?" He pats my leg. "Like I said before, we are going on an adventure. Currently we are on a highway. And no you aren't sick and hallucinating." Confused I huff. "Then what's going on? Just tell me!" I tell Zack, raising my voice. He sighs then starts. "I might've given you some medicine to make you sleep for three days straight, and we might be going to your mom's wedding. And I just might've packed all of your things. I'm sorry." He says meekly. I sit there and let it all sink in, and then it hits me. "YOU DRUGGED ME AND LIED TO ME?! WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO DO THAT?! I WANT OUT OF THIS CAR RIGHT NOW!" I scream at him. He ignores me like nothing happened. Beyond angry I sit and stew in my anger. After a while we drive past a sign and I almost cry out in anger. We are here. My hometown. Great. Just freaking great. A few minutes later I start to recognize where I am and figure out I'm about ten minutes from home. I shake my head bitterly and glare out the window as we finally pull into my driveway. Parking I jump out of the car and run into the house. I make the front door bang open in my wake. Four heads pop up to see what's going on. I storm up to my dad who's standing up and walking towards me. Before he wraps his arms around me, I punch him HARD in his sensitive area. Crumbling and holding his pride and joy he falls to the floor in agony. The other three idiots rush over to me and start screaming at me. Too angry to care I block everything out and storm into my room locking it behind me. Sitting in my room I begin to spiral out of control. I tear my room apart and scream, then I cry, then I blare my music. Finally exhausted, I flop down on my bed and look out my widow while my mind whirls and I get lost in my thoughts. After a while I get up and go into the living room where I see everyone sitting around. Zack looks up and sees me. Mike and Eric run to the door and block it. Chuck and dad pat the space between them and I sit. Zack is the first to talk. "Listen Jade, I know your mad at me and I shouldn't of drugged you to get you here but- it was your dad's idea." I snap my eyes up to look at my dad. "Yes, it was my idea but I know you wouldn't come otherwise and your mom really wants you- us to go to this." Bile rises up my throat. I clench my fists. "YOU DON'T GET TO CHOOSE IF I GO TO THIS OR NOT! IT SHOULD BE MY CHOICE! GOD! I TRUSTEE ALL OF YOU AND YOU ALL SCREWED ME OVER!!! SO JUST STAY AWAY FROM ME!" I get up and go to my room where I dial some numbers and emerge from my room two hours later. I ignore everyone when they ask where I'm going. Opening the door I step out in the heat and see my ride. Getting in the car I let out a content sigh as the air conditioning hits me. Steven nudges my side and passes me a cigarette. Lighting it up I breathe in and roll my eyes as I let out a wonderful cloud of smoke. After a while Steven and I conversate about tonights party and everyone who'll be there. Twenty two minutes later we park in the street and head into the house where the bass is thumping like crazy. I grab a drink and start dancing. I enjoy myself and lose track of Steven and the time. Yes, this is what I've missed. This is my life, I think to myself as I down another drink.