Chapter 16

Zack's P.O.V

Watching her make dinner was something else. She was so into making it, she didn't even realize I was right there watching her. The way her brows furrowed in concentration was cute. The way she would mumble quietly to herself when she got flustered or confused was cute. Everything about her is cute. Sighing I quietly walk back into the living room and sit on the couch, getting lost in my thoughts. I really like her but I know her family wouldn't approve and they would shun her from the family if we ever got together. I know not being together with her is hurting her but she's trying her hardest not to show it. I know leading her on and then being a jerk is wrong too but- ugh. I just don't know what to do. I'm snapped from my thoughts when a very sexy Jade walks in carrying two steaming hot plates of- mush? Trying to seem excited about this meal I listen to her talk about what it is and what's in it. I make a comment about how she sounds like one of those television chefs and we laugh. I take a bite of the Shepards pie and am blown away! I wasn't expecting it to taste as good as it did. Quickly eating it up without seeming like a pig I rush out to get seconds, then thirds. Mmmmm. When it's all gone we lounge on the couch and digest before going to bed. Once we are all set I follow behind Jade and lay in bed. She falls asleep quickly but I have so much on my mind. I can't believe Tiffany was here. I can't believe how good dinner was. I can't believe how stupid I am. Clenching my fist I release a breath and spoon Jade, finally drifting off to sleep.