Chapter 4

Its been a week since I've left my room. The only time I come out is to eat a little bit and go to the bathroom. Other than that my door stays locked, and I haven't looked at my phone since everything went down with my mom. Suddenly there's a knock on my door. I say nothing as the person on the other side continues to knock. I block the noise out and continue to stare out my window. All of a sudden my door opens revealing my dad. Uncaring I go back to looking outside. The next thing I know my bed dips and dad's next to me. I continue ignoring him. "Jade I know you're upset, I am too. But that doesn't stop me from moving on with life. You need to go hang out with your friends or something. Sitting here all day is unhealthy." Getting no response from me he gets up and pulls out my phone from my drawer. "Oh look! Fifty two messages, and eighty notifications. Could be important." He says, trying to make me interested. Finally I look at him. "I don't care." I utter, my voice rusty from my lack of speech. Sighing he puts my phone in my hand and goes to my closet. A minute later he has an outfit picked out for me and tells me to get ready because we're going somewhere. Slowly I get up, throwing my clothes on the floor and putting my phone back in the drawer it was in before going back to my warm bed. A few minutes later my dad comes back to my room to see the progress I've made. When he sees what I've done he sighs and rubs his face. "Stop being difficult. I'm trying to help and you're testing my patience." He growls at me before leaving my room and closing the door behind him. I think it's another few weeks until I get another knock on my door. Once again ignoring it I go back to my phone. Ever so slowly my door opens, and when I see who's standing there I drop my phone. "Z-Zack? Wh-what are you doing here?!" I exclaim. He steps further into my room and looks around. "Well your dad called the family and said you needed some cheering up, so I decided I'd come." He tells me smiling. With my mind whirling I try to process this. "But how?" I ask dumbly. He sits on the edge of my bed and smiles a breathtaking smile. "How about you go shower, dress and eat. Then we'll talk." He tells me patting my thigh. Quickly I jump out of my cocoon of blankets and get all the things I need. Twenty six minutes later I'm finally clean and dressed. I leave the bathroom and go back into my room to find Zack scrolling through my phone. I quickly scramble to take it out of his hand only to have him raise it higher than I can reach. I go to take it and he freezes. I stop and wonder if he's okay, then I see it- my hand it almost right on top of his private area. Embarrassed I quickly take my phone and rush out of my room only to run into all the idiots in the living room. Of course Eric's the first to see me. "Wow the monster's finally come out if her cave." He marvels. Rolling my eyes I go and flick him on the side of his head. His attention is moved to something behind me. I move away from him and turn to see Zack. I bring him further into the room and introduce him to the gang. "Everybody, this is Zack. Zack this is Chuck, Eric, Mike, and Dad." I say pointing at each of them. They dip their heads in greeting. "Okay well we are gonna go out, so I'll be back in a few hours. Bye!" I say and run out of the house. Then I realize I don't have a way to get out of here. I stop, freaking out Zack and making him run into the back of me. "Jade, what's wrong?" He asks me concerned. I turn to look at him. "I can't drive." I say simply. He laughs and grabs my hand. "Come on!" He laughs pulling me to- his car?! He freaking drove here?! Ohmygod. Without hesitation we get in his car and start to drive when suddenly he stops and pulls over. I look at him with confusion written all over my face. "I don't know how to get anywhere here, I've never been here before." He tells me simply, like I did before. Laughing at his innocence I give him directions to a park. Finally there we walk the huge track and start to talk. "Sooooo why did you come here when you're the one who got me sent home last year?" I question. He looks at me and rubs the back of his neck. He lets out sigh before answering. "Listen, I know I got you sent home early last year and I'm sorry. I was just mad at the life choices you were making." He tells me. I nod my head and process the information. We walk a bit more before I ask another question. "Why did you come out here? No offense or anything I just didn't figure you'd be the first one to come 'cheer' me up." I ramble on. He chuckles. "Well your family knows we're friends, and also I wanted to come out here. Like I said I feel bad for getting you sent home. He tells me. Once again I nod my head and walk some more. All of a sudden Zack stops and looks at me with eyes full of seriousness. "Who's Mr. Cutebutt?" He asks me. I bust out in laughter, as he continues to stare at me. Unable to utter a word I fall to the ground and laugh some more before Zack starts laughing too. Finally able to control myself I answer him. "He's this guy my friend Nikki and I like. He has a rather nice behind haha, hence the name Cutebutt." I say laughing nervously. Again he stops and looks at me dead serious. "Better than my behind?" He asks me in mock offense? He struts past me and makes sure his rear is see-able. Once he's a little bit past me he turns around and waits for me to walk over to him. "Well? Is it better than 'Mr.Cutebutt?' " He asks me. Struck with nervousness I just nod my head and keep walking. What kind of question is that?! I wonder. What a day this'll be I think to myself as we race to the swings.