Chapter 27

It's been a month so far and I think I'm doing very well. I have three sessions a day with different people. All of my friends and family hate me with a passion and they have expressed it to me multiple times. Since I admitted them, I'm allowed to know how they are doing- and let me tell you- it isn't good at all. By far I'm doing the best. Dr. Andrews told me I can be released soon and he gave me some tips on staying sober: Get rid of all of the people in my life that dragged me down this hole. Resist the temptation. When upset and spiraling out of control, take a walk to clear my head. And then don't associate with anyone who does drugs or alcohol. I like all of his tips and I'm going to try very hard to stick to them. But for the time being, I'm going to go outside and participate in the book club thing. I walk outside to the garden and sit on the wall with everyone. All we do is sit and talk about our favorite books and why they are our favorite. Two hours later, I go back inside and see a session is taking place in the main room. Quietly I walk past and head into the dining room where I help set everything up for meals. Dr. Andrews told me it's good to busy myself and keep my mind occupied with the tasks at hand. Once everything is set, I sit and have a snack of strawberries- I can't resist them! My days here fly by and there is always something to do. Before I know it, it's time for bed. Once I'm in bed I pass out. I was tired. When I awake in the morning, Dr. Andrews is standing in the corner smiling. "Good morning Jade! I come with good news- you can be released today." Hearing the news, I jump out of bed and hug him. "OH THANK YOU!!!!! I feel like I've been in here forever. FREEDOM IS MIINE!!" I shout happily. Dr. Andrew laughs and tells me to get ready. Once he leaves my room, I quickly get dressed and run out of my room, heading to the main room. Before I'm really set free; I have to have two more sessions. One is about my recovery and how I should see a therapist on a regular basis. The other is a group session, and showing how much of a role model I am and blah blah blah. FINALLY free, I exit the building and take a cab to my house. When I reach home I get nervous. I know nobody is there but everything went down in there. Shaking the thoughts away, I walk into my home and see all the drugs laying on the table and spilled on the floor. Sighing I vacum the house and make it spotless and smelling good. Content with everything, I pull out my phone and call my grandmother. The phone rings twice before she answers. "Hello?" She asks curious. "Hey" I reply. I quickly and to the reason I called. "Grandma, it's Jade. I'm calling because I just got out of rehab and I really need a new start. So I was wondering if you could help me move and maybe I could live with you?" I finish in a questioning tone. She's quiet a couple bets before answering. "Uh- yeah that would be fine. I'll call a moving truck company that's in your area and send them your way." I nod my head and make a sound of agreement before thanking her and hanging up. Before I know it, the moving company is here. I direct them to my room and instruct them to take out everything. Quickly they get to work while I write out an nice long letter to everyone. "Dear Dad and family, I have decided to move because I need a fresh start, there are too many temptations around here for me and I really want to become a better person. I'm sorry that I admitted everyone and told you the way I did. I was scared and I didn't want you to hate me, but in the long run you did anyway. I hope that by the time you read this letter,you realize I really did this to help us all out. I hope you all remain sober and live a happy life. I will miss you but I really need a change in my life. Feel free to call me and we will talk. I love you and I miss you dearly- Jade". By the time I finish my letter, the movers have everything packed. I follow them out to the truck and sit in the back seat and we begin our long journey to my grandmother's house.