Chapter 12

Finally it's morning. I look at my phone and see it's 7am. Getting up off the couch I get some clothes and go get dressed. After I'm dressed I go into the kitchen to find something to eat. I almost scream when I see Zack sitting there in the dark. Flicking on the light I put my hand on my heart and feel it pounding away. "Oh my gosh, you frightened me!" I excliam. He chuckles a bit and apologizes. As I'm rummaging through the fridge I hear him say something but I can't make out what he's saying sense I'm making so much noise. I poke my head around the door. "Huh?" I question. He gets all dramatic and I laugh. "I said, what are you doing up so early?" "Oh! I'm turning in an application for the flower shop down the road and I want to be there once it opens. What about you?" I ask curious. He playfully rolls his eyes, acting like a dramatic teen. "I do work ya'know." He tells me. Shocked I say. "You do?" He nods his head and I go back to looking for something to eat. Finding nothing I turn towards him. "We need to go food shopping, because you have absolutely nothing!" He laughs. "There's food to eat, have a protein shake- that'll fill you." I squish my nose up in disgust. "Ew, no thanks." He laughs at me for what feels like the millionth time. "Just sit down." He tells me. I do as told and watch him move around the kitchen. Two minutes later he hands me what I assume to be a chocolate protein shake. Hesitantly I take a sip, once I find that I like it I gulp it down and place the cup in the sink. I notice Zack is getting his shoes on. "Are you leaving?" I ask him kind of sadly. He nods his head. "Finish getting ready and I'll drive you down there, its on my way anyway. Nodding I quickly brush my teeth and go to the bathroom before grabbing my application and heading into the car with the lovely Zack. Five minutes later we are in front of the shop. Hopping out, I thank Zack and go to the front door. Noticing its open I push the door open while the bell rings; signifying someone came in. Once again the woman is at the counter smiling. "Hi, I filled it out." I tell her as I hand it to her. She flips through it and nods her head. "Usually I wouldn't do this but I really like you so you can start today." She tells me. Happy I nod my head. We'll start off easy, come here. I go behind the counter and wait for further instructions. She leads me behind the yellow curtain and into the back stock room. "Today you can organize back here. I don't care where you put things as long as its neat and labeled." Again I nod my head. She hands me a sharpie and goes back to the front. Three and half hours later I have everything organized. All the ribbon in a box, all of the colored paper is separated by solid colors and patterns. Jars are arranged by  size. After that all done I sweep up with a broom I found in the corner and empty it in a bin. Satisfied I go to the front of the store and tell the woman. She follows behind me and looks around. "What an amazing job!" She tells me. "Oh I forgot to introduce myself- my name is Diana." I nod my head and she tells me to come to the front with her. "Okay now here's a book of flowers. I want you to study them so you know what is what. Then go around the store and count how many of each flower is in the fridges and put the number in the little box. You think you've got that?" She asks me. Once again I nod my head and get to work. Wow who knew there were so many flowers in a flower store. Not only is there many types but there's multiple colors plus hybrids. Four hours later I'm finally finished, I give the book to Diana and she tells me I'm done for the day. "Be here by 7:00am tomorrow, no later." I say okay and leave for the day walking back to the apartment. Finally I reach the apartment and am absolutely exhausted. Flopping down on the couch I accidentally fall asleep and am awoken to Zack poking me. "How was your first day?" He asks. I groan. "Tiring, who knew working in a flower shop would be so tedious." He laughs. "I'm making Mac and cheese for dinner, sound good?" I nod my head and wait for dinner. Once we are finished eating Zack tells me I'm sleep in in his room tonight and promises me there will be no funny businesse. Too tired to conplian I follow him in the room and I'm asleep before my head hits the pillow.