Chapter 11

It's been a couple days since the big fight thing between Zack and I. Fed up beyond belief I go for a nice run. Since I'm familiar with the area, it doesnt bother me to stray away from the apartment. Jamming to my music I come up to a little flower shop. On the sign it says 'If your name is Jade, come in and get a free rose'. Figuring it's my lucky day I walk in and am embraced by the sweet smell of flowers. Inhaling deeply I smile and walk to the cash out desk area. There's a nice old woman there with a huge bun atop her head, and glasses perched on her nose. She smiles at me as I approach. "What can I help you with dear?" Being socially awkward I stutter a bit before answering. "Uhm- I saw your sign out front, and my name's Jade." Her eyes light up. "Oh, well hello Jade. Do you have proof that that's your name and you aren't pulling my leg just to get a rose?" What the heck?! "Uhm yeah hold on." I go through my phone and click on Nikki's and I's messages. I find the part where she sends 'JADDDDE' six times and show it to the woman. "Alright dear, here you go." She hands me a rose. I thank her and leave the store. Finally I make it back to the apartment and am very happy over this rose. Finding a glass I fill it with water and ploo the rose in. Backing up I run into a rock solid Zack. Turning to look I hurry away from him and disappear into the living room. A second later he's in the room standing in front of me while I sit on the couch. I raise my eyebrows at him and wait to see if he's going to say anything. When he doesn't I pull my phone out and start scrolling through Instagram. Suddenly my phone is plucked out of my hands, leaving me to look up at a very serious Zack. "Ya'know you don't have to run from me and ignore me whenever I'm around right?" He asks me. I nod my head and pick at my nails. The couch dips beneath me as he sits down. He takes my hand and forces me to look at him. "The last thing in the world I want you to do is hate me." He tells me softly. I look at him and nod my head. Knowing I'm still upset he strikes a deal with me. "How about instead of being just friends, we can be close friends?" He asks me. Silently I just shrug my shoulders. He lets out a sigh. "Jade, please talk to me; tell me what going on. I want to know what going on in that beautiful head of yours." He pleads. This time I let out a sigh and pull my hand out of his grasp. "You want to know what's going on in my so called beautiful head? Fine I'll tell you. You broke my heart Zack and I'm hurting, for me it's impossible to get over a guy I like. It about kills me and I've like you for at least three years. Finally you start to show interest in me only to reject me. I've been rejected so many times I promised myself I'd never fall in love again, but then I fall for you and I thought you were different but you've proven you aren't. Yeah I thought about all things that could go wrong or the things you might say, but I thought maybe just maybe you'd overlook it. But you didn't. You told me you don't want to hurt me and you have, so I'm trying to distance myself from you and it's killing me. Wanna be friends? Fine but don't ever try to make another move on me. This is what you want. Not me so keep that in mind the next time you try to get close to me and kiss me or something. The decision had been made." I finish. We sit in silence as he absorbs everything I just said. After a while he speaks again. "Wow Jade, I am so sorry. I didn't know you felt that way." Finally he gets up and disappears- just like everybody does once they know I like them. Feeling no emotion I decide to get up and go back to the flower shop. Once there I open the door and step inside, walking up to the check out area I again see the woman she smiles when she sees me. "Hello dear, if you are trying to get another rose that's not going to happen." She tells me somewhat rudely. I shake my head and lean on the counter. "No no, I'm here to see if I could apply for a job?" I question. She nods her head and holds up a finger before disappearing behind a curtain and reappearing a minute later with a mini packet. "Here dear, fill these out and bring them back tomorrow." I nod my head and leave the shop. Once I get back Zack is sitting on the couch watching football while drinking a beer. When he sees me he starts questioning me. "Where have you been?" Sliding off my shoes I answer. "Flower shop down the road, I might be getting a job there." He nods his head and goes back to the game. I roll my eyes and go into the kitchen to fill the papers out. I absolutely cannot wait until tomorrow, I hope I get the job.