Chapter 20

In a flash I'm out of bed and running to the toilet to release the contents in my stomach into the toilet. Once I'm finished I'm drained of energy and sit there a moment before hurling once more. Finally done, I push myself up and clean myself up a bit. With my head pounding I decide to take a shower and possibly go back to sleep. Once the mirror fogs up, I drag myself into the shower and let the warm water pelt down on me. An hour later I get out and slowly get dressed. Still laging energy I sit on the closed toilet lid and close my eyes. I'm awoken a minute later by loud knocking and yelling on the other side. "Just give me a minute!" I yell. Grabbing my stuff I leave the bathroom and run into an impatient Eric. Passing him I go into my room and brush my hair. Sighing I sit on the edge of my bed and rub my eyes. Why did I have to drink so much last night? This is the worst hangover I have ever had. Not caring about my damp hair I crawl up to my pillow and plop down. I am just drifting off when my door opens and yelling begins. "OH NO, NO, NO! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SLEEP!  You have a full day ahead of you." I roll over and see my red faced father. "Ugh. I'm tired." I complain and bury my head under my pillow. Dad yanks the pillow off of me and I make a growly noise. "Maybe you shouldn't of drinken so much last night." He replies bitterly. I sigh dramatically and sit myself up. "What exactly do I have to do today?" I ask, already bored. He turns toward me and begins. "In ten minutes you're coming with me to go see your mom and August. Then you will probably be with them for awhile. After that they will meet up with Eric and you have to go places with him. After you're done with Eric you will be passed off to Chuck and Mike. After that you will come home and do chores." Once he's done my mouth pops open. "But what about Zack?!" I ask upset. He ignores me and leaves my room. Making another incomprehendable noise, I leave my room and find my dad waiting for me in the truck. Before I even have my seat belt buckled, we are off on the road driving to my doom. When we finally reach my death sentence, I drag myself out if the truck with my dad following behind me. I knock once then walk inside. "JADDDE!!!!" My mom screams before hugging me tightly. "I'm so glad you came!!" She tells me happily. I nod my head and give a slight smile. "Okay so you and I will be having a day out while your dad and August bond." Before anybody can repond to mom's statement, I'm dragged out of the house and into August's sports car. We speed away from the trailer and I become nervous. This is the first time in a very long while that I have been alone with my mom.  I begin to fidget and she notices. She turns on the radio and it begins playing music I'm familiar with. Shape of you by: Ed Sheeran comes in and we both begin belting the lyrics out. When the song ends we laugh, and pull into a parking spot. Looking around I see we are in front of a dress shop- to be specific- a wedding dress shop. Sighing very quietly, I climb out of the car and follow mom into the shop. When we enter mom says hello to the women wandering around. She grabs my arm and drags me into a room. "Look! This is my dress!!! Isn't it lovely?" She asks excitedly. I nof my head and look at it. It's super thin and looks to be skin tight. I roll my eyes and notice my mom left the room. Quickly I run out and find her talking to some woman at a desk. When she sees me she motions for me to exit the building with her. Instead of going back to the car we take a right and walk a bit before coming to a stop in front of a spa. I look at my mom confused but all she does is smile and pull me into the building. We walk up to the desk and she says she's here for the appointment for two. Suddenly the woman behind the desk eyes light up and she brings us to a room to change into white robes. Once we are changed we are whisked into a massage room and start getting heavenly massages. I end up falling asleep and being awoken some time later. From the time at the spa I end up getting a facial mask thing, a foot massage, and my toenails and fingernails painted. Finally we head back to the car and I feel wonderful. Mom and I chat a bit before pulling up beside a convenient store where I see Eric. Mentally rolling my eyes I get out of the car and walk over to where he is waiting. When he sees me he points to his dark green vehicle. Climbing in I am immediately repulsed by the smell; it smells like expired lunch meat. Gagging I wait for him to turn the car on so I can roll my window down. Once that's settled, I begin to really worry. I have NEVER been in Eric's car. For all I know he might be about to murder me- I mean I'm not his biggest fan. "So where are we going?" I ask timidly. He doesn't answer and I wonder if he didn't hear me. I'm about to repeat myself when he speaks. "So your dad told me what we were suppose to do but I forgot, so instead we are going to a local bar where I'm gonna go play pool." He smiles like he's happy with himself and I just shake my head. A minute later we pull up at the bar. We both get out and I follow him inside through a back door. Once inside he tells me to get lost and we go our separate ways. I sit and watch him for about twenty minutes before getting bored. Pulling out my phone I dial Chuck's number, telling him where I am and asking him to come get me. He agrees and I leave the bar in no time, driving off with Mike and Chuck to our next destination. After a good ten minutes of driving, we pull up in front of a burger joint and go in. Time with the two of them seems to fly by too quickly. Before I know it I am back home to a slightly messy house and a list of chores I need to get done. Huffing I begin and already can't wait until I'm done.