Chapter 41

Things were going really well. A few weeks had gone by since Belle and Chris had gotten back together. Summer was coming to an end. Chris was back in town till at least October. He'd be then going overseas to film, but Belle felt confident, not 100%, but she was secure enough in her relationship and things were practically perfect.

Labor Day weekend Matt was having a huge pool party bbq and had invited Belle and Chris and obviously Allie was there to.

Arriving just after the party had started Belle and Chris weren't shocked that it was already in full swing. Matt knew how to throw a killer party. The music could be heard from where Chris had finally found a parking spot down the street.

"Wonder if his neighbors are going to complain?" Belle checked her reflection in a car window as they passed by.

Chris laughed "His neighbors are probably here."

They walked around back just in time to see Matt jump into the pool slam dunking the pool basketball into the pool hoop and disappear under the water.

Allie noticed them and waved with an excited grin. She made her way over to them.

"Hey guys!" She hugged them both before offering them a drink.

"We also have soda, tea and lemonade, nonalcoholic."

"2 Cokes." Chris gave Belle's hand a squeeze.

She smiled at him gratefully.

"Excellent. I hope you brought your bathing suits." Allie called as she walked to the tubs filled to the top with ice and can drinks.

Belle hadn't had a drink since the night she and Chris had broken up and Chris being the best supportive boyfriend he could be, wasn't drinking either.

Belle had to often pinch herself to make sure this wasn't a dream. Everything in her life seem to be falling into place. Even though she and Chris hadn't spent any real time apart since getting back together, she knew the next time she wouldn't have to rely on alcohol to help her cope. Staying on her meds helped her keep a level head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liked by MsAllieDonovan, RealBellsHarperLA, prattprattpratt and 10,125 others

Matt.King.Of.The.Gym When you let your girlfriend decorate for your annual Labor Day bash

view all 2,548 comments

Tagged: MsAllieDonovan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liked by Matt.King.Of.The.Gym,RealBellsHarperLA, prattprattpratt and 7,885 others

MsAllieDonovan #LaborDay

view all 1,112 comments

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later Belle and Allie were lounging on oversized pool floats baking in the sun. Matt walked over to where Chris was watching Belle with a smile on his face from his pool side chaise seat.

"Hey man." Matt sat down in the chaise next to him.

"Hey!" Chris turned his head. "Epic party as usual!"

"Thanks! Allie did a lot of the prep." Matt admitted glancing towards the girls.

"Allie's a cool chick." Chris nodded his head.

"She is. I have to thank you and Belle for pushing us together."

Chris chuckled. "Technically that was all Belle but I'm glad it worked out."

"Me to. And I'm glad you and Belle are back together."

They were quiet for a minute.

"I'm gonna ask Belle to marry me." Chris said suddenly.

"What? Are you serious? It's a little soon, isn't it?"

"Dude I'm telling you, I lost her once. And it was hell. She's different than any other girl. From the moment I saw her I knew I wanted her in my life. And our first date just confirmed what I already knew. She's the one."

Matt eyed his friend. "Ok I have to agree I've never seen you like this. But I've only seen you with Anna."

"She's different than even Anna. And you knew how crazy I was about Anna when I first met her. But Belle's different. I don't want anyone else ever. If I get to wake up next to her for the rest of my life, I'll die a happy man."

"In that case I'm happy for you man. You deserve the best, and Belle is the best."

"That She most definitely is."

The party lasted well into the evening and once the sun started to go down a lot of the guests began to leave. Chris and Belle had decided to stay and help clean up, but they didn't get far, they ended-up laying on a chaise, pool side staring up into the infinite sky.

Chris was making up names for constellations as he had no clue what cluster of stars were actually what. Belle giggled and pulled his arms around her tighter.

"This has been one of my favorite days in a long time." Belle sighed.

"Mine too." Chris agreed kissing her cheek as she snuggled closer to him. "I still want to take you to Hawaii."

"OK." Belle smiled to herself.

"I love you." Chris whispered in her ear.

"I love you so much more." She turned, reaching up one hand she gently guided his mouth to hers.

" She turned, reaching up one hand she gently guided his mouth to hers

Liked by Matt.King.Of.The.Gym,RealBellsHarperLA, MsAllieDonovan and 103,546 others

prattprattpratt Good Night LA

view all 4,998 comments

Tagged : RealBellsHarperLA