Chapter 18

Chris's alarm went off at 4 am he hit snooze twice before forcing himself to slide out of Belle's warm embrace. Yawning he started the shower hoping it would wake him up. His bag was already packed, and he had a car picking him up at 5.

At 4:55 he gently tapped Belle, "I gotta go." He whispered.

"Hhhmmm." She mumbled groggily.

Chris started humming the tune to 'Leaving on a Jetplane'.

"Now the time has come to leave you
One more time
Let me kiss you
Then close your eyes
I'll be on my way
Dream about the days to come
When I won't have to leave alone
About the times, I won't have to say
....Oh babe I hate to go"

He bent down whispering in her ear before pushing the hair from her face and kissing her cheek.

"So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go"

She mumbled with a smile.

Chris grinned back at her in the darkness of his bedroom and kissed her one more time. Killen yawned lazily and stretched out on Chris's bed taking over the spot where Chris once laid.

"Take care of our girl, ok?" He said to the dog who just looked at him before laying his head down to go back to sleep.

"Don't forget about me." Belle snuggled deeper into the blankets.

"Never. Goodbye Gorgeous girl."

Belle smiled at the nickname he had given her.

"Bye handsome boy." She slurred sleepily into her pillow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liked by RealBellsHarperLA and 496,183 others

prattprattpratt  Wheels Up! ✌ LA

View all 2,025 comments

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Belle's alarm went off at 6:15 and she pulled herself out of bed and made her way back home to get ready for work.

Checking her phone throughout the day she hoped to hear from Chris but didn't. She figured he was in the air. He said he would call as soon as he could.

After work Belle walked into her condo feeling drained and sad. Allie had wanted to come over and watch movies, but Belle hadn't been in the mood. Her condo suddenly seemed very empty as she thought about the previous week when she had cooked dinner for Chris. She thought about the night before when they stayed up till 2 am neither wanting to go to bed because they knew what the morning would bring. She yawned with exhaustion and opened her fridge.