Chapter 29

This is a pretty short chapter. I just felt like I had to end it when I did. I hope you enjoy and always, always THANK YOU FOR READING!

Saturday Chris showed Belle around the farm. There were a few farm hands quietly going about what needed to be done to keep everything moving and running smoothly. Chris never hesitated to jump right in to help if needed. Belle just watched in amazement, this other side of him she'd never seen before. She didn't think it were possible, but she found herself falling even more in love with him.

"I think Killen is enjoying himself." Chris noted grabbing Belle's hand. They were walking the land watching the sheep graze as Killen kept a sharp eye on them, never bold enough to go and actually check them out.

Belle laughed. "City boy over there doesn't know what to think of all these new friends."

"Ah he'll be used to them in no time." Chris whistled for Killen who came running.

"Just in time to go home." Belle frowned.

"We can come back." Chris squeezed her hand.

"Promise?"

"I promise." He brought her hand to his lips kissing it softly.

After a morning spent walking the farm they decided to go in to town to check out the shops. With a baseball hat pulled down to his eyes and t-shirt and jeans Chris blended in just like any normal person on the island. Belle fell in love with the charming shops and atmosphere. She bought herself a few things and Chris was so pleased with how relaxed she was. No signs of anxiety. Not one drop of alcohol had they had. He had to agree with Belle he didn't want to leave.

On the way back to the farm Belle was gazing out the window singing along to the radio.

"There you go making my heart beat again
Heart beat again, heart beat again
There you go making me feel like a kid
Won't you do it and do it one time,
There you go pulling me right back in
Right back in, right back in
And I know I'm never letting this go
"

Chris couldn't hold back his grin reaching over he flicked her hair playfully.

She grinned and kept singing

"I'm stuck on you
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh
Stuck like glue
You and me baby
We're stuck like glue
"

She lifted Chris's arm and slid over closer to him pulling his arm around her tighter.

"I love you." He kissed her head.

"Love you." She snuggled into his chest and sighed contently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liked by prattprattpratt, MsAllieDonovan and 9,877 others

RealBellsHarperLA: Never want to go home. #WhoNeedsTheBeach #CamoAndBoots

View all 4,221 comments

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liked by prattprattpratt and 7,299 others

RealBellsHarperLA: #LakeLife

View all 2,111 comments

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

21,114 Likes

RealBellsHaperLA: Happy Boy!!! Spent a fabulous day on the lake!

View all 10,554 comments

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They decided to go fishing again even though it was late afternoon. Belle had enjoyed it so much the day before. She felt like she was finally catching on. They spent hours on the lake fishing. Belle couldn't remember a time she felt more relaxed or had more fun. Chris had her cracking up laughing telling jokes, dancing to imaginary music and doing impersonations. When they finally headed back to the house Belle was exhausted and in need of a shower.

"You go shower." Chris said as he parked the car. "I'll start dinner."

"I'd rather dinner wait and you shower with me." She suggested slyly.

"Why Ms. Harper are you seducing me?"

"Yes I am." she leaned over the seat of the car resting her forehead on his.

"What a lucky man I am." He murmured before kissing her.

After a shower and dinner, they started a fire and watched a movie.

"I wish every day was just like this." Belle sighed stretching her legs out over Chris's lap.

"So do I sweetheart. That's what I'm working towards every day. So when I'm in Atlanta for a few weeks at a time you remember how you feel right now and know that I'm away so that we can have this for the rest of our lives."

"Sounds like you want to keep me around." She tilted her head.

"I do. Forever." He said sincerely.

Belle crawled across the couch straddling his lap.

"I've never been happier in my life Chris."

"Me either. Never."

"If you keep me around I promise to love you more and more each day and spend each of those days showing you how much that I do."

"That sounds like paradise."
"This is paradise." She whispered leaning down she gave him a soft slow kiss.