Chapter 27

On the evening of the Los Angeles Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom premiere, Belle sat nervously in a hotel chair where a hair and makeup team finished the job of making her look flawless. A HAIR AND MAKEUP TEAM FOR HER! She glanced across the room where Chris was also getting fussed over in preparation to walk the red carpet.

He caught her eye and flashed her a big smile.

"You ok?" He mouthed.

She nodded, mouthing, "Yes." back to him.

In all actuality she was a nervous wreck. This would be their very first public appearance. Well yes, they had gone Instagram official and the paparazzi had photos of them out and about, but this red carpet was the real deal.

When Chris had asked her to attend the premiere and walk the red carpet with him she had immediately said yes. But now that the day had arrived she felt like she was going to throw up any minute.

15 minutes later they were climbing into a car to take them to the theater and Belle's small hand was grasping Chris's much larger one with a death grip that made him chuckle.

"Don't be nervous." He whispered in her ear. "You look breathtaking."

"Thanks. This is just not my......life." She looked down at her gown and caught a glimpse of her reflection in the rear-view mirror.

"It is now." He kissed her head. "Just hold tight to me. You got this."

Belle relaxed into his embrace as the car neared the premiere.

Walking the red carpet was not as scary as Belle had assumed. It was truly fun. She enjoyed watching Chris talk about the movie and how proud he was. He never missed a chance to show Belle off as his date with a delighted grin. The movie was bad-ass and the after party was almost as fun as the Avengers after party. By 11:00 though Belle was yawning. She had to get up to go to work the next day. She was regretting not taking the next day off as well as the premiere day.

"Hey gorgeous girl! You ready to go?" Chris came up behind Belle snaking his arms around her waist he pulled her towards him.

"No, not unless you are. I don't want to have you skip out early because I'm yawning." She said turning to face him.

"Yawning means you're tired. Tired means you need to go to bed. Going to bed with you or this party..." Chris held his hands up weighing his options. Laughing he grabbed her hand. "Let's go say good night so I can get you home." He pulled her hand to his lips kissing it softly.

35 minutes later they were walking in Belle's front door.

"Are you sure you want to stay the night?" Belle tossed her keys down. "You've barely been home the last month."

"Baby, my home is where ever you are." He said as he followed her into the living room.

Belle turned around her lower lip sticking out. "You are seriously the most romantic man I've ever met." She cupped his face between her hands and leaned up to kiss him.

"I'm really not." He shook his head, "It's just the effect you have on me. When I tell you how crazy I am about you and how much I love you it's true. You have me under your spell Ms. Harper."

"It goes both ways." She kissed him again. "I love you."

"I love you." He answered back just as his stomach growled.

"What was that?" Belle laughed. "Didn't you eat tonight?"

"No, I guess I really didn't."

"I haven't been grocery shopping.....want to run and get some food?"

"Nah you're tired." His stomach rumbled again.

Belle laughed. "Silly boy. Let me change we can get something to eat. I refuse to listen to that all night." She pointed at his stomach.

They ran to get something to eat and then stopped to get gas. Chris pumped while Belle ran inside. Her heart about stopped when she saw a horrible photo of herself plastered on the cover of US Weekly. Above it in bold print it read DUMPED BY PRATT. She couldn't help it, she threw it on the counter with her pack of gum.

"What's that?" Chris asked as she slid into the seat next to him.

She held it up and his face fell. "Belle, why did you get that?" He snatched it from her hand. "It's stupid trash."

"I know but I'm not use to seeing my face on US Weekly." She took the magazine out of his hands and flipped through it looking for the article.
"Don't read it babe. Please it's just going to get you upset."

Belle shrugged his advice off and began reading the article.

Chris watched her read the article out of the corner of his eye as he drove them back to her house. He could tell how much it was upsetting her.

Walking in the door Belle went straight to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of wine.

"You don't really need that." Chris said gently placing his hands over hers trying to stop her from pouring the wine.

He had quickly picked up on the pattern she had of fighting her anxiety with drinking.

"It's one drink." She wiggled her hand knocking his off.

"I know what it is. But it's why you're doing it. You don't need it. Plus you had some earlier tonight."

"Oh, I'm sorry do I have a limit on alcoholic beverages per evening." She gave him a nasty look.

"Belle." His eyes were pleading.

She ignored him, poured the drink and took a sip.

"I know that article has you upset. I just never really thought about how it would be for you. I'm so use to it, and Anna was so used to it-"

"Well excuse me for not being as strong and perfect as the all-mighty Anna." Belle acted like she was curtsying to royalty.

"That's not what I meant and you know it." Chris growled leaning onto the counter.

Belle looked away and took another drink of wine.

"That's fine." He nodded. "I'm going to bed." He turned walking to her bedroom. Killen had been sitting on the floor looking back and forth between the 2 of them argue. When Chris retreated to the bedroom Killen had followed him.

"Traitor!" Belle muttered and poured more wine into her glass.