Chapter 31

After a quick food run Chris and Belle went back to the penthouse suite. It was past 9:00 pm Eastern time but Belle was on LA time. The day of traveling did however leave her a little tired. Crawling onto the huge king-sized bed, that felt like you were laying on clouds, Belle pulled the blankets up around her waiting for Chris to finish his food. 20 minutes later they were sprawled out on the bed watching 'Hot Shots Part Deux'. Chris somehow had the movie memorized and had Belle laughing till she was in tears.

"Oh man that laugh." Chris rolled on his side to look at Belle. "You have no idea how much I've missed it."

Belle blushed with a roll of her eyes. "You're already going to get laid tonight, you don't have to try and butter me up."

Chris laughed, "Good to know. But I'm not buttering you up. I knew I loved you the second I heard you laugh that day at the gym. Before I even knew your name."

"No you didn't" She playfully shoved him.

Chris nodded, "Yes I did. I knew right then and there I wanted to be the one to make you laugh."

"Well you do a very good job of it." She said sincerely.

"Now....about that getting laid tonight....." He raised an eyebrow with a seductive smile.

Chris had to be at work early the next day. Belle hung out around the hotel, enjoyed the jacuzzi tub and watched a few movies on tv. It was late Monday when Chris finally returned to the hotel. He could barely shower before falling into bed exhausted. Belle didn't mind though. She let him snuggle up to her as she gently stroked his hair and within minutes he was asleep. Tuesday Chris only had to work half a day and Belle went to the set with him.

Sitting off to the side in a directors chair she watched take after take for hours before Chris was finally done for the day.

They grabbed some lunch and then headed to Lake Lanier where they were able to go out on a half day fishing trip. Belle never thought she would enjoy fishing as much as she did. Part of it was the excitement that Chris had. But Belle had to admit it was thrilling when something tugged at the end of her line.

After almost 4 hours out on the lake they went back to the hotel to shower and then off to have a romantic dinner at a nearby restaurant.

Grabbing her hand as they walked out to the car Chris smiled at Belle.

"What?" She asked nervously tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Nothing." He continued to smile.

Belle gave him a look.
"Just how glad I am that you're here. And how much I love you. I wish you didn't have to go home."

"Me to." She pouted. "It's going to be a long summer without you."

"How about we go on an amazing vacation when I get back?"

"To where?" Belle's interest perked.

"Hawaii?"

"Really? You would take me to Hawaii?"

"When are you going to realize I would do anything for you?"

Belle smiled. "You just seem too good to be true."

"Nah. I just love to see you smile and make you happy. If I have the means to do so, better believe I'm going to do it."

"So Hawaii, huh?"

Chris nodded, "Yeah. I think you'll love it. And we can spend all day in our bathing suits on the beach. And all night naked in the bed." He winked at her and she giggled.

"OK, let's do it."

"Your wish is my command my love."

Wednesday was the 4th of July and most of the cast and crew from the movie Chris was filming were going to Lake Lanier where they had chartered a boat and were going to go tubing. Chris and Belle decided to tag along and Belle was so glad they did.

It was by far the best 4th of July she had ever had she was sure. After tubing all morning they set up at the beach where they played beach volleyball and took a quick dive in the lake to cool off.

Belle was sitting in a beach chair enjoying the sun watching Chris play volleyball with some of the cast and crew wishing the day would never end.

"Hey gorgeous girl." Chris plopped down in the sand next to her. "You having fun?"

"So much fun." She nodded.

"Good. I hear the fireworks are amazing here."

"I can't wait." She smiled before sneezing a few times in a row.

"You ok?" Chris frowned.

"Yeah......I think I'm getting a cold maybe? I don't feel that great."

"Do you want to go back to the hotel?"

"No." She shook her head. "It's just a cold. I won't break." She winked at him.

Belle felt worse as the day went on, but she managed to stick it out and make it to the end of the night where she was rewarded with the most amazing display of fireworks she'd had ever seen.

"This reminds me of our second date." Chris nudged his shoulder into Belle's. They were sitting on beach towel watching the sky explode with every color of the rainbow.

Belle lifted his arm and snuggled against him. "Look how far we've come."

"How far indeed." He kissed her forehead. "You're burning up." He reached up and touched her forehead.

"I'm fine." She pushed his hand away.

"As soon as the fireworks are over we're leaving."

"Yes father." She rolled her eyes sarcastically.

"Daddy is just fine." He squeezed his arms around her making her laugh.

The next morning Belle was sure she had the flu but she still had to get up and fly home. Chris had to be on set early and so their goodbyes were short and sweet. Belle honestly felt so bad and was so ready to get home, she didn't even feel sad about saying goodbye.

As soon as she landed she called her doctor and was squeezed in for a last-minute appointment.

It wasn't the flu but a virus that mimicked the flu and so the doctor couldn't give her much besides the advice to go home and get in bed. Which she had no problem in doing so. She stopped by Allie's to pick up Killen and went straight home. She got in bed and slept until almost 9:00 that night. Feeling groggy she flipped on the tv as she made herself some soup before climbing back in bed. A repeat of E! News was on and before she could change the channel a horrible photo of herself from LAX that morning popped up on the screen.

"It appears Belle Harper flew to Atlanta to try and salvage her failing relationship with Chris Pratt. Cameras caught a visibly upset Harper landing in Los Angeles today....."

Belle turned the tv off and tried not to scream. Pushing the blankets off her she stormed into her kitchen. All the anxiety and frustration came rushing to the surface and she grabbed the wine.

"Screw being sick." She muttered under her breath and took a long sip before refilling the glass.