Chapter One

"One More."

Chris Pratt rolled his neck and shook out his arms before beginning his last rep of bicep curls. For the past hour and a half, he had been so focused on his workout he hadn't noticed the petite brunette in the skintight yoga pants and hot pink shoes working out 30 feet away from him until now. His eyes focused on her as he lifted the weights up and down, "Who's that?" He asked his trainer turned friend Matt.

Matt followed Chris's gaze, "Belle Harper?"

"The brunette?" Chris asked. There were 2 girls working out a knockout blonde and the drop dead gorgeous brunette, the one Chris couldn't stop staring at.

"Yeah," Matt chuckled, "Don't get any ideas.... her dad is Nick Harper-"

"Owner of the LA Dodgers" They said in unison. That's where Chris recognized her from.

"I've never seen her here before."

"She comes occasionally with Allie, the blonde."

Chris nodded as he finished his rep and handed Matt the weights. He grabbed a towel to wipe his face off when he heard a burst of laughter that was so boisterous it was almost contagious, and Chris found himself smiling. He looked back over to Belle and Allie where Belle made no attempt to cover her laugh. She continued to giggle setting down the kettle bell she had being doing squats with. The gym was pretty empty as it was a Tuesday mid-morning. Noticing the look from Chris and Matt she blushed "Sorry!" She called still laughing. Turning her back to them she faced the mirror where Chris could see her still shaking with laughter. Allie was grinning like a Cheshire cat and Chris had assumed it was something she had said that had Belle cracking up. Suddenly self-conscious he wiped his face again.

"So, we're done?" He stood up.

Matt nodded. "Yeah we're done. I'll see you tomorrow."

Chris stuck his hand out and fist bumped Matt "See ya brother."

He had to pass Belle and Allie on his way to the locker room. He made eye contact with Belle through the mirror and gave her a "what's up?" nod.

With an amused grin she nodded back and continued her squats.

Belle tried to concentrate on her squats ignoring Allie's comments on what she would like to do to the trainer with the perfect physique who was working with Chris Pratt. Yes, she had undoubtedly noticed him immediately. Allie's comment about being bench pressed by the trainer had caused Belle to erupt into loud laughter gaining the attention from the few people in the gym, Chris being one of them. It was probably in her head, but she swore she felt his gaze steady upon her even before she had drawn attention to herself. He nodded at her as he walked by to the locker room and her heart flip flopped.

"Whoa." Allie's voice interrupted Belle's thoughts.

"What?" Belle kept her focus on the mirror.

"Pratt just undressing you with his eyes."

"What?" Belle burst out laughing again this time she blushed feverishly and put the kettle bell down. "He so did not."

"Ok you're right maybe it was you undressing him...."

Belle shrugged, "I can think of worse things to daydream about."

"And how!" Allie sighed. "Did you see those arms? He's been drinking his milk."

Belle shook her head with a laugh, "Let's get this finished, shall we?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3,255 likes

RealBellsHarperLA: I don't know why I let @MsAllieDonovan talk me into working out this morning. At least my shoes are cute.  🤷🏻‍♀️👟💞Oh and the eye candy isn't bad either! #IDoItForTheWine
View all 254 comments

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris pushed the door to his LA condo shut and threw his keys and cell phone on the breakfast bar. It was quiet without his son, his ex-wife had him this week. He had a few things lined up for his upcoming premiers, but it was pretty lowkey. His thoughts kept drifting back to Belle. No one had perked his interest since his split with Anna. He wasn't sure what it was about this girl though. Sure she was smoking hot, but LA was filled with smoking hot women. Picking his phone back up he grabbed a beer from the fridge and plopped down on the couch. Flipping the tv on and popping the cap on his beer he took a long swig and without giving it much thought he typed in Belle Harper in safari on his phone. Her image took over his screen and he inhaled sharply. Good Lord her smile was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. Her long dark wavy hair and olive skin was the complete contrast of Anna. Her eyes were dark brown with a hint of hazel. He could see that much in the picture, but his curiosity got the better of him and he continued scanning through the image search looking for more and more pictures. He was so wrapped up in his search he jumped a mile when his phone buzzed in his hand alerting him of incoming call.

"What's up man?" Chris answered, it was his buddy Josh one of his only close friends in LA.

"You want to grab a bite to eat?"

"Sure....hey you ever been to a Dodgers game?"

Belle walked into the home offices of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Yes, her dad owned it and yes, she worked for him. She was assistant to League operations manager. Her dad being the owner helped her get the job obviously, but she had gone to college got her degree in business but then had no idea what to do. So, she came to work for her dad 6 years ago. Most of the staff were like family to her, some didn't care for her because of who she was and the position she held. But she grew up in these offices, at this stadium, in the clubhouse. It was her second home.

She made her way to her office and scanned through her emails. Kicking her heels off she made herself comfortable in her chair and put some music on. She loved Blues and Jazz music, so she found her favorite Spotify playlist and hit play. While going through emails she kept thinking of her workout earlier that morning. Chris Pratt at the same gym as her. Allie had never told her he worked out there. She didn't want to ask to many questions and have Allie jump to conclusions or worse trying to set her up. Cause Allie would. Belle knew that Chris had separated from his wife not that long ago, he had a son and hadn't dated anyone. That didn't stop her fantasies of her attending movie premiers with him, him accompanying her to baseball games and of course thoughts of him without his shirt on.