Chapter 23

Tired, and a little hungover Belle finally pulled into her condo's parking lot later that evening. Her head was throbbing, she was starving, and she hadn't talked to Chris since the night before. He had tried to call her multiple times, but she just ignored it. Walking up to her front door she saw a large box propped up against it.

She recognized the logo of French Florist and her heart flip flopped as she picked the box up. Balancing it between her arm and chest she unlocked her door.

Setting the box down on the dining room table she lifted the lid to reveal the most beautiful arrangement of pink flowers of all different shades and variety. The star-gazer lilies stood out the most. Belle's heart melted, and she immediately felt horrible for ignoring Chris all day. She pulled her phone out of her purse and quickly pulled his number up.

He answered on the 2nd ring.

"Thank you for the flowers." She spat out. "I don't deserve them for being so horrible to you."

Chris chuckled his signature sexy laugh. "You deserve so much more. I miss you." He added softly.

"Gosh I miss you so damn much." She slid down into her dining room chair. "And I was so mean to you."

"You weren't mean."

"I was. I basically accused you of cheating."

"I know you didn't mean it. It's not easy."

"Will you come over the second you get home?"

"Baby, nothing could stop me."

Belle smiled. "Hey Pratt?"

"Yeah?"

"I sorta love you."

"I know. I sorta love you to."

Thursday night Belle was leaving the stadium after the game when Hunter caught her on the way to the parking garage.

"Bells!" he called causing her to turn her head.

"Oh hey Hunter." She turned back around continuing to her car.

"How's it going?" He asked.

"Good." She gave him a strange look.

"Do you want to grab a bite to eat?" He picked up his pace to fall in step with her.

"With you?" She stopped walking.

"Yeah...with me." He laughed.

"I'm dating Chris." She reminded him and started walking again.

"I know. It's just food."

"Why?"

Hunter shrugged. "Just miss you."

"You don't have any reason, or right, to miss me."

"Seeing you with Chris is killing me." He sighed.

Belle didn't say anything. "So you think I'm going to just go out to eat with you and fall back in love?"

"No." Hunter looked down at his feet. "I just thought maybe we could talk."

"Unless it's about baseball we have nothing to talk about." They reached her car and she unlocked the door sliding in without saying anything else.

Friday night Allie came over for dinner, Belle was ready for the week to be over and to see Chris.

"Weird thing happened." Allie sat down at the breakfast bar. "Hunter texted me and asked how serious you and Pratt were."

"You're kidding!" Belle turned on the tv for some background noise. "He asked me to dinner last night."

"Guess he's trying to win you back." Allie rolled her eyes.

"Yuck.... Oh look! They're having something on Jurassic World." Belle pointed to the tv where E! News was teasing an upcoming story flashing Chris's face on the screen. After Chris's picture, a photo of Belle flashed across the screen as well. Belle and Allie looked at each other wide eyed.

"Turn it up!" Allie hissed.

"As more rumors swirl of Chris and his Avenger's Co-star does this mean it's over for Dodgers Sweetheart and her leading man? Chris was seen sans Belle out and about in London and according to Instagram he wasn't alone. Belle was also seen out over the week, most noticeably with ex-boyfriend Hunter Jackson who she had a nasty split with back in 2016."

A picture of Belle and Hunter outside of the stadium the day of the double header took over the screen.

"What?!" Belle screeched jumping over her couch and turning the volume up louder. "That's crazy. We were at work. And Chris and I talked about him with Karen.  AND OF COURSE I WASN'T IN LONDON. I have a job!! There is no truth to this."

Allie came around and sat down next to Belle, "This is what they do."

"I know....it's  just I didn't think they would be pulling something out of nothing."

Allie shrugged. "Girl they can turn anything into something."

The story ended and Belle put the tv on mute.

"The best they could come up with was Hunter?" Belle frowned.

"He's probably the one who started this." Allie laughed.

"Oh you're totally right! He probably is! I don't like this." Belle faked shuddered.

"Being tied to Hunter?"

"Being on E! News." Belle chewed on her finger nail.

"You're dating the hottest guy in Hollywood right now. Belle this isn't going to be the last time."

Belle crossed her arms over her chest as she felt the anxiety spread through her. Jumping up she headed straight for the wine.

"Don't you dare pour a drink." Allie stood up following her into the kitchen.

"It's one drink. I've cut way back. It's just to take the edge of anxiety off." Belle looked away knowing full well she was lying.

Allie raised an eyebrow but grabbed 2 wine glasses down.

"You promise me that you aren't drinking a lot?" Allie held the glass out of Belle's reach.

"I promise you." Belle's eyes shifted up looking back at Allie.

"Ok." Allie paused but handed the glasses over and Belle poured the wine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liked by prattprattpratt, MsAllieDonovan and 10,251 others

RealBellsHarperLA: Waiting on prattprattpratt to come home. 💕❤️

View all 2,112 comments