Ch.53 The Danse Macabre

Eloise M.

This scene has played out before, I just didn't expect it to replay here. Every attack Adrien makes, he misses. Sure there are lazy strikes at my ankles and wrists, but nothing too extreme. We lock weapons, and Adrien starts pushing all of his weight onto me.

"It's over you little sinner," Adrien scoffs, "I'm going to make sure you die slowly in the worst pain your pathetic body can ever experience."

I keep a straight face as I grunt back, "My body may be still in tact, but my heart and soul ache with scars too deep for anyone to ever heal."

"Are you sure about that?" Adrien raises a brow.

Don't do it Eloise. Keep your emotions in tact. Ignore his taunts and teases.

You're doing such an excellent job of that already, my dear little sinner.

"Get out!" I growl, kicking Adrian straight in his belt.

He falls back, groaning in pain. I try to make my next blow but he grabs my sword. I swing, slicing his thigh open with the sword in my left hand. Adrien uses my other sword to hit me in the face.

I stumble back a bit, trying to regain balance. Adrien though he was slick, but his face soon collides with the tip of my blade. Thick black blood starts to ooze out of a huge gash on his forehead. Recovering my second sword, I stand tall, holding my right sword out to Adrien. As I stand there, I realize he hit me more times than I thought he had. Thin, lazy cuts that barely even sting, but it still makes a difference.

"I have to admit Millore," Adrien chuckles, "for a female, you put up quite a fight."

"Adrien," I choke out, panting, "I know you are aware of who I am... of what I am and what I'm capable of... it doesn't have to end like this. You still have time to change."

"That's where you're making a mistake Millore!" Adrien cackles. "I know I still have time to change. The problem isn't time. The only issue is that I don't give a shit! I love this game of life and death. You realize that I've been convicted to the death sentence in five different countries and escaped each and every one of them? I'm living the life every killer wishes they could have Millore! And not even you can stop me!"

"Now that's where you are wrong." I mutter.

I merge both swords into one, the hilt turning to silver while the blade itself turns to a light blue diamond. I allow it to happen, the spell... giving Adrien what he wants.

><><Scene Switches to Adrien's Point of View><><

I knew she couldn't help herself. One person with that much power has to show off at some point. I knew Eloise had power... but even before she had officially begun the transformation, I could already feel the power roaring around her.

Oh you ignorant little sinner, look at what you've done.

Eloise wills her eyes to go full silver, her hair now stretching to her lower back. Her attire changes to a tunic of frost, tight pants of pure white, silver boots, and black gloves on her hands.

On her head, a crown of black ink, forming roses and diamonds appears on her forehead. A tattoo symbolizing her abilities. White smoke appears at the corners of her eyes, showing the raging flame of power packed deep within her heart and soul.

"Try me now, little demon." Eloise hisses.

"Gladly," I smirk.

><><Scene Switches to Eloise's Point of View><><

Adrien practically flies at me, but I sway out of his reach, slicing his back as he passes. Then he bolts for me. Metal on metal, I don't need both blades to win, I just need the one. Adrien sees my siren mark, the mark known as a crown. I know what his blades are capable of. He wants to use them to extract my power. But he can only do that when I'm weak and vulnerable. Otherwise, he's out of luck.

I flip away, assuring that I kick him in the face as I do. At that point, I was grateful for the steel toes on my boots. I twirl, dodge, and slice, truly living in the moment of this dance of death. There was no fear, no rage, no emotion whatsoever. It was just me, Adrien, our blades, and the storm.

A scream from behind me catches me off guard. It was Violet, I glance back for a second and in that time, Adrien lands a blow on my side. I scream in pain as my frost colored tunic becomes dyed red with my own blood. Adrien hits me in the head, making the world spin. Then he picks me up and launches me across the roof. I groan in pain. This was it...

I had lost... This dance... was done.