Ch.52 War on the Rooftop

Arthur W.

Once Eloise screams the word, we all charge. They were fast, faster than before. But that was to be expected seeing as they were no longer human. Eloise, Connor, Violet, and I just barely slip past them. We bolt up the stairs and take a right. Rage roared through me like a beast coming out of it's cage.

"Where would Adrien have taken him!?" Violet questions.

"Follow me!" Connor demand, taking the lead.

I didn't need to speak... I had promised Ace I'd protect Violet with everything I had. Connor wouldn't need to protect Eloise. I had seen her like this before, she was in what I liked to call her "Warrior Mode." It was only a matter of time until Eloise broke. In all honesty... I was praying for it to be soon. 

*

Connor leads us to what I thought was a closet before. Violet steps forward and busts the door down with her fist, not even leaving a scratch on her skin. Eloise and I charge up the spiral staircase first, with Connor and Violet not far behind.

We finally find ourselves on top of the manor. The wind is whipping my hair, the rain soaking through my clothes. I gasp, aghast with fear and panic. James was on the ground, covered in blood.

Adrien stood next to him, grinning like the mad man he was. If I though Eloise was mad before... by now, she had hellfire in her eyes. A dark, raging fire that wanted to burn everything it touched... starting with Adrien.

"Well, it seems I didn't do a very good job containing you." Adrien chuckles. "The four fearless heros, willing to take on the villain alone."

I only glared at his taunt. I was prepared to fight... prepared to lose what little I had in order to save James... to save Eloise... to save Violet... to save everyone in this manor and everyone outside of it.

If it came to that... I would drag Adrien back to the spirit realm myself.

"Let my brother go!" Connor demands.

Weak and broken, James raises his head. His eyes seemed dark... missing the light they had before. But upon seeing us, a small flicker of that light shined again. I felt like I was about to break down, either from grief or rage.

"You want him?!" Adrien laugh, throwing off his coat. Adrien summons a black and red rapier, pointing it at us. "Then come and get him!"

He's not getting away with this... not on my watch.

"Girls go!" I scream as Connor and I start to fire.

><><Scene Switches to Violet's Point of View><><

Eloise and I take action. I go right, Eloise goes left but just before we attack, we switch places. Adrien is able to block my attack, but Eloise strikes his shoulder. When he goes to engage with her, I strike his leg.

Unfortunately, you can only play a good trick so many times in one game. Adrien now knows what we're doing and summons a second sword. Seeing both of them, I knew what he was doing.

"DART BACK!" I scream.

Eloise and I duck as Adrien swings. When he plants his sword to the ground, two monsters made of shadow appear, their eyes glowing red with undying rage. I look to my sister, handing her my sword. I speak to her in the other language...

"Finish this. Don't let your strikes falter. Keep your guard up, and don't let your rage take over." I warn.

"Stay safe. Make sure you're protected before you protect. Do you understand me?"

I nod to her.

"Go!" Eloise demands.

I stand, summoning another sword, ready to take on those beasts.

><><Scene Switches to Connor's Point of View><><

"Get off of me!" I bellow.

Whatever this thing was, it wasn't giving up. Half of my shirt was torn and this creature kept going for my neck. I didn't even have time to look and see how any of the others were-

"STEP OFF!" Violet roars.

She whacks the creature at the side of it's head with the but of the sword. Violet extends her hand to me, and I take it without hesitation. I stand beside her, raising my fists as she squares her shoulders, preparing to fight.

"I- is your shirt torn?" Violet raises a brow.

"Let's not talk about that." I huff.

The creature gets back up, letting out a blood curdling cry. That's when everything comes into view. My brother is still limp on the floor, Eloise is taking Adrien on herself, I'm side by side with Violet, and Arthur is tangoing with that other creature. This is no longer the roof of a manor... this wasn't even a crime scene anymore!

With everything that's happened, this is now a war zone.