Ch.46 Finding Arthur

Connor R.

I saw Eloise, but I was still in shock so I didn't pay much attention to it. I was... I... when... when James told me that he didn't want me dead... the fact that he's still holding onto me... some heavy weight that had been on my body for years seemed to lift.

James trusted me... and this time, I wouldn't make the mistake of demolishing it.

"Connor, do you think you can stand?" Ace asked.

I tried to sit up again, and this time I didn't feel any pain. I went to one side of the bed and hopped off. Still, nothing. I knew my wounds were still there because of the slight stinging at my sides but... that's all there was... stinging.

"I still don't understand," I sigh, "how did you heal me so fast?"

Tex bit his tongue, everyone else exchanging nervous glances. I had noticed it before, but now... everyone looked so horrible. This whole mess was taking a toll on everyone in the manor, and I for one was tired of it.

"The truth is mast-"

"Connor," I correct.

"Right," Maria nods, "the truth is Connor... is that we don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" I was more scared than I was angry.

"When we brought you in here for Tex to wrap you up and give you what medications we had," Karen explained, "you were losing a lot of blood. After Tex was done, we all stayed here just... thinking."

"Then Mister Rodrich started up a conversation," Austin continues, "Miss Violet slapped Eloise-"

"Wait what? You slapped Eloise?" I question.

"I wasn't thinking and," Violet shakes her head, "it's just... if Arthur were here he would say the same thing but, Eloise has always, even as a child, has blamed herself for every little accident that happened... weather it was truly her fault or not."

"Miss Violet, what did you mean when you told Miss Eloise that she was dense?" Austin questions, standing a little closer to Nick.

"It's best if I don't say." Violet shakes her head.

"Why? She's not here," Grey shrugged.

"You have no sense of dignity do you?" Rodrich glared.

"Wait hold on, where is Eloise?" Tex asked.

Ace was about to speak when he was cut off by a noise. We heard heavy footsteps outside just before Eloise burst through the door, out of breath. Before we can say a word, Eloise pants, "I know how to get Arthur back!"

*

Once again, we were in the library. Eloise had taken some of the ash from the fireplace and drew some weird design on the table, with the stone in the center.

"I had no idea you were into worshiping the devil Eloise." Grey sneered.

James stepped on his foot and growled, "Can it you white haired pain!"
"Thank you James," Eloise smiles, "now, down to business. As legend says with the stones, everyone who's is spiritually and physically present must give up something to bring them back."

"You mean like a sacrifice?" Nick asked.

"Not exactly," Eloise continued, "you will get the item you placed down back, but certain parts of it will be stained purple. Legend claims that jewelry works best so..."

"Well if it's to get Arthur back I don't care," Violet removes her pearl necklace, "if it's just going to turn purple then no big deal."

Rodrich puts down a silver pin.

"How long have you had that?" Ace asks as he sets down a silver pocket watch.

"It's my family's coat of arms, I always wear it." Rodrich says.

"Oh screw it," Grey removes... a ring? "If you ask where it's from you're as good as dead." Grey was bright red... so I think I had a clue of where or who he got it from.

Everyone gives up something valuable to them. After that was done, we take a step back when Eloise does. She takes a deep breath, closing her eyes. Now I've heard a lot of languages, but what she spoke... it almost didn't sound human.

There was a small burst of light that caused all of us to jump back. I couldn't see for a while. But I heard a loud thud on the other side of the room. Then there was white smoke. It didn't choke me, it just had a strong scent of lavender for some reason.

I coughed a little, waving the smoke away so I could see again. I gaped... it had worked... Eloise was right...there... right across the room from us...

Was Arthur.