Part 76

Felicity's POV

Feelings of embarrassment rush to me. I just really needed to say something, and Alex acting clueless makes me feel completely inadequate.

"Is this okay talking about this?" My voice comes out in a meek whisper.

Alex senses the change in my mood almost immediately and sits up to take my hand. "It's been four years since that happened. I know you and I should be mature enough to talk about this now."

I force an exaggerated frowny face, then choke out a laughter, though I my heart pounds. "I'm glad."

"You didn't even look at me for a week afterwards. So, why?"

Because I just slept with my brother's best friend, what do you think you idiot? That I was imagining monkeys hanging from the sky? "You really don't know?"

"Nope." He shrugs nonchalantly and I mentally scream in frustration

"You said you, um, loved -!"

I loved you for forever and ever.

Immediate understanding crosses his face, and he leans back smugly. I blush, realizing how strange our conversation topic was. "Aw, Fel."

"I just wanted to make sure I hear right," I mutter.

Alex squeezes my hand. "I wish I had said it in a more appropriate setting - like if I wasn't naked - but excuse all those hormones, and I blurt it out."

"It's not that." I pull my hand away. "I need to apologize." I can't even face him.

He frown. "I was very much in favor of losing my vir-"

"Shhh!" I slam my hand over his mouth. "Grow up!"

I can feel him smile against my hand, and he pries my fingers away. "Were you eating chocolate before this?"

My eyes narrow. "Yes. I was. Focus."

Alex pulls himself near me, and lays back down, with his head in my lap. "Alex is focusing."

I groan. "Alex, you're making this really difficult for me."

"Sorry. Continue?"

A soft smile pulls at my expression as I look down at my boyfriend, who meets my stare with an adorably awed look on his face.

"You look beautiful."

"Please don't distract me."

"You are distracting."

I sigh again, brushing his curls away from his eyes.

"Alex, I'm sorry for shutting you out, after, you know."

He takes my hands wordlessly, brushing soft kisses over my fingertips.

"This is stupid. I'm so stupid."

"Fel ... no."

"I ran away because I had just burst into tears."

He sits up and gathers my petulant self into his lap.

"Sera said those exact words before she died."

I lean against his shoulder, as he rubs circles on my back.

"So when you said it I freaked and I'm really sorry."

"Not something to be sorry about, dear one."

"I completely shut you out, and I wish I hadn't."

Alex laughs softly, pulling me closer. "We're here now. Maybe it was fate."

I smile, burying my face in his warm smell. I felt better now. Alex made me feel better.

"I bet you it was fate. Maybe it needed to happen like that so I could end up with you in my arms. Like this."

"Cheeseball."

"You love me."

"Yeah. I guess."

I know Alex heard me, as he presses a tentative kiss on top of my head.

"If we had a redo, would you have still said that? Of done any of the stuff we did that night."

He answers without pause. "Heck yes. But I wouldn't have been naked when I confessed my feelings."

I laugh. He smiles absentmindedly, playing with my hair.

"Fel, I meant it then. I do love you."

"I know."

He stares at me for a moment, and I smile smugly, pulling away and laying back on the roof.

"You did not just say that." He has a playful disbelief lingering in his voice. I know he's smiling even with my eyes closed.

"Oh, I did."

In a split second, my eyes snap open as he tackles me, and pins my wrists to the roof. "Say it back!"

"You already know!"

He pouts, then proceeds to pepper my face with kisses. "Fel." Peck. "I." Peck. "Wanna." Peck. "Hear." Peck. "It."

"Felicity remains silent!"

"Her loving boyfriend commands her!"

"Felicity will say nothing!"

He pauses for a moment. Then screams:

"Alex will tickle Fel to death!"

I gasp and sit upright, crashing foreheads. "Okay!"

He groans, burying his face in my lap. "Owwww, you hardheaded m'lady."

"Hardheaded m'lady loves you."

His arms wrap around my waist. "What about just Felicity?"

"She loves you too."

"Thank you, m'lady."

"I don't want you to leave me ever."

"There will be a lot of times of me asking for amnesty then."

"You have it."

A/N

THE END

With bonus chapters coming soon, of course :)