Part 74

bold - alex
regular - felicity

Felicity's POV

Alex's arm is slung across my shoulders, on top of my bag. At least, he is carrying his own.

Girls stare as we pass by. My scowl deepens. I try to shrug his shoulder off but he slides his hand down to my waist and pulls me gently into him.

"What a beautiful Tuesday to be in Hazelwood Priso- I mean High. The weather looks normal today, grumpy teenagers moping around dirty locke-"

"Alex."

"-rs, probably handing each other joints or making out in dark, spider-webby janitor closets, and -"

"Alex!"

"-not to mention to STDs that are going around. Phew! High School is a wonderful place, y'all -"

"Alexander Carroway!"

His response comes immediately - "Alex. Just Alex!"

"Stop pretending to be a news anchor and why is everyone glaring at me?"

"They're admiring me." He winks at the girls who are glaring at me, but they're hard eyes turn to fluttering messes when they see him. I scowl.

"You aren't that admirable."

"Yes I am. But I guess they are looking at you too."

"Why would they look at me?"

"You just landed me, duh."

"You are not some kind of fish."

He waggles his eyebrows. "I can be ... if you want me to. All as you say, Mistres-"

I throw him off, and immediately regret it as pain shoots up my ribcage. I cry out as my books rain down on my feet, spilling from my bag.

"Dios mío, Fel! Be careful!" He helps me stand up and collects the books and slides them back into order, before calling a bystander over.

"Fawlkes. Carry our bags to Homeroom."

The freshman boy is about to protest - and I as well - when Alex pulls out a ten dollar bill. The kid nods reluctantly and picks up my back and Alex's.

"Alex!" I hiss. "Why would you do-"

"Shut up." He crouches down. "Get on."

"What? No-!"

"Dios mío, m'lady, would you stop fighting me and get on!"

I obey, grumbling the entire time. Alex stands up, his arms hooked behind my knees. "Comfortable?"

"Not really," I mutter.

I can hear the smug smile in his voice as I rest my forehead on his shoulder and close my eyes. "But you still like it."

"Dream on, Carroway," I mumble.

"I don't have to, m'lady. My dream is with me now." He turns his head and presses a kiss to my temple. And I let him.

A/N Two more parts till the bonus materials! Please send in questions :)