Part 24

YOU KNOW WHO'S WHO :)

Felicity's POV

He's smirking and we all know that is a bad thing.

"Come with me inside, and I'll give you a deal." He opens the door, and against my better judgment I step inside.

Once inside, I defensively lean against the wall. "Speak."

"Sheesh, so demanding, woman."

"Alex."

"Right. If you want to repay me, go with me to the formal."

I stare at him in disbelief. "You're kidding."

He shrugs. "No. I'm not."

"Which idiot put you up to this? Did he ask you to ask the most unapproachable person?"

He looks taken aback. "What? No!"

I feel tears prick behind my eyes. "Then what?"

"I just - I mean, I want to, um. I'd be honored if you went to the formal with me." He tries to play off his nervousness by checking his watch, but his smile is fake.

I raise an eyebrow.

"Truth, Fel!"

He's not lying. A flutter jumps in my chest. "Then why are you asking me out? We can't stand each other."

Alex shakes his head so fast, the dark locks get in the way of his warm brown eyes. He pushes them out of the way. "No, you think you can't stand me. In case you haven't noticed, ah - you know what, whatever."

He shoves his hands into his pockets and start to walk away.

Before I can control my hands, I grab his sleeves. "No, uh, I'll go with you."

He furrows his brow. "What?"

My voice sounds more confident this time. "Sure, I'll go to the formal with you."

His face breaks into a grin. "Really?"

I raise an eyebrow, a smirk playing on my lips. "On my conditions, though."

His face transforms immediately into a typical Alex-whatever-I'm-better-than-you face. "Bien obvio. It wouldn't be a deal unless you force your conditions in."

"Very funny. Greyson doesn't find out."

He shrugs, after a look of concern passes over his face. "Something tells me you don't want me to ask why."

"Good guess, Carroway." I push off the wall and start to make my way out, when Alex calls me.

"Ay, Hollister, I have conditions too."

"Oh?" I turn around. "What are those?"

"I get to kiss you again."