Part 27

Felicity's POV

"Let's go skinny dipping. At the waterfront."

Alex doesn't even bat an eyelash as he proposes his ludicrous idea.

"What? No!"

"It could be fun," he offers, a small smile quirking on his lips.

I huff. "The sun will set in twenty minutes."

"Skinny dipping does not require sunlight."

"No."

"You're no fun."

I sit up indignantly. "Excuse you, Alex!"

He bursts into laughter the moment his eyes meet mine. "God, Fel, you look so cute when you're mad!"

"I resent that."

He doesn't answer, laughing. His eyes sparkle as he looks at me, with both dimples dented visibly into his cheek.

Okay this is kinda cute. I can't stop the smile that itches to take a hold of me as well.

"Eyes on the road, Alex," I tell him, trying to hide a breaking grin.

"Aw, m'lady is finally smiling though!"

"Eyes - "

"I know, on the road. Look, I'm looking at the road."

He squints at the road in front of us, lips pulled down in a forceful frown, before turning into the parking lot near the waterfront boardwalk.

"Hey, Fel?"

"Hm?" I pause from getting out of my car and look at him. His grey eyes peer at me curiously, a hint of mischief on his face.

Only inches away. I freeze.

"You look cuter when you're not mad."

I stare at him, wide-eyed.

"And whoever gets to Phi's first gets a prize of their choice."

Before I can register his words, he dashes out of the car and races away, while I scramble after him.

A/N I think I have the kindest, smartest readers. Like you guys are all so loyal and supportive. *wipes tears* I want to give you all a giant chocolate chip cookie. You guys are the bestest.