Part 13

Felicity's POV

I watch Greyson and Sadie drive off to wherever they're going through the curtains. Sadie giggles and Greyson beams.

They're made for each other.

As they drive away, I sigh. Alex texts me, asking if he could borrow my charger and to bring a snack. I bet Greyson or Sadie never asked each other for things so conveniently. Taking each other for granted.

Alex is not a knight in shining armor.

Then again, I'm not a damsel in distress.

"Perks of growing up together," I grumble, pointedly leaving his text on read. I still begrudgingly stash my charger in my back pocket. As for food - I am not his nanny to bring him snacks.

Why did I agree to go out with him again?

I tighten the shoelaces of my beat up white shoes, and pull on a black hoodie from Hollister. Is this Greyson's? Greyson thinks it's funny to get clothes from Hollister because of our last name. To me, it just looks self-conceited. The hoodie is warm, and smells clean, so it passes as a hoodie. I drop my lanyard with my keys over my neck and get out of the house into the crisp air. I lock the door and wait on the porch.

Alex shows up in his stupid red Mercedes. And has the audacity to roll down the window to call me over.

"Oye, Felicity m'lady!

I stand up and cross my arms. "Be a dear and have the courtesy to pick up a girl at her door, since you're -" I pull out my phone "- five minutes late."

He shrugs nonchalantly. "I guess I won't give you the chocolate I bought, since that purchase made me five minutes late."

My eyes almost bug out of my head, and Alex casually leans back in his seat, pulling out his phone and ignoring me.

I stood on my porch, arms crossed, while he focused on his precious phone for a good minute, before I manage to swallow my pride and stalk angrily to the passenger side of the car.

"Ah, m'lady, you've decided to grace me with your presence. Gracias." He chuckles and puts down the phone to smirk at me.

"Drive," I command, through clenched teeth.

"Por supuesto. May I get a kiss first?"

"I'd rather kiss a monkey's ass."

He pats my shoulder condescendingly as the car starts to move. "I'll take that as a no."

I make a disgruntled sound, a cross between a whine and snort.

He laughs at me.

A/N HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY WHETHER YOU'RE IN A RELATIONSHIP OR A SINGLE PRINGLE LIKE ME

Also ... this update :) Thoughts?