Part 29

bold - alex
regular - felicity

Felicity's POV

Yes, the college kid was everything I imagined - boring, gross, and full of himself.

On the other hand, Alex seethed as he ate alone, and that was worth listening to the list of petty accomplishments this not-even-cute guy had.

When Alex abruptly stands up, chucks his trash and leaves, I excuse myself, ignoring the boy as he asks for my number.

Tough luck, kid.

I clean up my trash, and walk out slowly, sipping my soda, and savoring the feeling of carbon bubbling up my nose.

I find Alex scrolling absently through his phone, sitting on the edge of the boardwalk over the water, and he noticeably shifts away from me as I take off my shoes and cheerfully plop down next to him.

"Truth or dare, Alex? Forfeit of jumping into the water without your clothes."

"I don't want to play your stupid mind games, Fel."

I persist. "Truth or dare?"

When he doesn't answer, I add, "I'll kiss you if you play this game with me." I see the quick turnaround of his mood, and hastily add, "Once. On the cheek." He glowers and returns back to his phone.

"And I'll return the favor."

"You chicken out on truth and the dares. And refuse forfeits."

I feel confident as I lean back, the weight shifting to the palms of my hand, my toes skimming the water beneath us. "Nah, I won't. I swear."

Finally, he looks interested.

"Truth or dare?"

He eyes me. "I wanna ask first."

I shrug. "Suit yourself. Truth."

"Would you rather kiss a monkey's ass or me?"

I turn to him, startled, before bursting out into laughter. "You're still hung up on that?"

He scowls. Aw, what a cutie.

"Why would I want to kiss a monkey's ass. And to be fair," I eye his reaction as I throw in an afterthought. "You're a good kisser."

He blushes.

"Oh my gosh, are you blushing? That is so cute."

"Is that your question?" he mutters.

"No. Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"Arg, you never pick truth. Go dance over there. I'll pick the song." I pull out my phone, ignoring his protests.

"Felicity!"

"If you whine I'll pick a super girly song." I know he can dance, I've seen him before. He's good.

He shoots one last hateful look at me and stomps over to the other end of the boardwalk. I giggle as I hit play.

Girls, we run this motha, yeah!

"Really, Fel?" He looks upset but I turn on the camera on his phone, as he gives a few half-hearted flaps of the arms and a couple of hops, before coming to sit down again.

I send the video to myself without him noticing.

"Truth or dare?"

I smirk at him. "Dare," I say nonchalantly, knowing he won't expect it.

His eyes widen, but he regains his own smirk in split seconds. "Come here and kiss me like you mean it, Hollister."

I recoil, instantly regretting the decision, but realize he hasn't specified where. "Okay."

He looks taken aback, all his plans to coax me into agreeing now useless. I stand up, pulling him up too. He looks down curiously at me, and I play the role of a demure lover to the T. Looking down shyly, reaching up to comb his hair away from his eyes, trailing a hand down to his shoulder - Alex looked confused but happy.

I tiptoe off the ground, one hand behind his head, and his hands rest on my lower back, inching down to my butt. I ignore him, and I can feel his breath coming in small puffs, only inches away. My eyes flutter shut as I lean in, aiming for his nose.

Instead of the confused yelp I expected, a triumphant kiss covers my own, and my eyes fly open as I feel Alex's hand at the back of my head.

He peeks at me, a smile sparking to life, and something flutters in me.

I won't deny him this time then.

"I knew you'd pull a stunt like that." His voice is breathless as I finally pull away. "You don't play fair, Fel."

His arm is wrapped around my waist, pinning me to him. I try to push myself off away from his chest, but he doesn't let me.

"You don't either, Carroway."

He shyly grins, studying my face tilted up to him. "Can I tell you something?"

"What do I get in return?" I challenge, but stop resisting and wrap my own arms around him.

"A truth."

I smile, my eyes peeking over his shoulder. "Really."

"Yeah. I'll do a truth."

"Okay. Truth or dare, Alex?"

"Truth. I think you're beautiful."

I don't answer him for a moment and he tightens his grip, as if I'd run after the revelation.

Finally, words come back to me.

"Alex, we are just friends," I tell him softly.

He lets me go and stiffly follows me to the car. We don't talk on the way home and he drives off after wordlessly dropping me off.

A/N AYYYYYYYYYYY FELICITY THE HEARTBREAKER WHAT HAVE YOU DONE AUTHOR!