Part 63

Felicity's POV

Pain. It hurts to breathe.

I only hear a whirring of machines in the background. And the beeping of the monitor.

My head hurts.

I hear the door shut and something creak next to me.

"You still look pretty with bloody bandages and looking like death."

Alex?

"Dios mío, I'm so sorry about everything."

My eyelids feel like they've been glued shut.

"Your family is so kind for still letting me see you after this."

Alex! I want to scream.

"You should have seen Greyson when your dad showed up. Grey freaked and nearly beat him up. You mom didn't even stop him. She was so shaken when they showed up. You would have stopped Greyson from causing such a scene. I can totally imagine you would have pulled Greyson away then socked your dad yourself. I hate one sided conversations. I wish you were awake."

I can hear you! My tongue won't work.

"Remember that story you always made your mom read when I came over? The pink princess. That slept for like a hundred years."

Am I smiling? Can he see?

"You look nothing like her."

Alex. I can almost see him. Why aren't my eyes working?

"I like you better than her. Your hair is prettier. Even if it's shorter now. Which is a shame."

Is there something over my eyes?

"And you can skateboard."

Words are on the tip of my tongue. Pain grips my chest.

"Fel, wake up already. It's been three days.

Huh. Why was I out?

"If you wake up, I'll say that you won that tricks competition. But you have to wake up. Or else -"

"Or else nothing-" I whisper. Why is my voice so croaky?

Silence. "... Fel?"

"Hi, idiot. Water, please."

Alex cries.

A/N I felt terrible to write something that would force my sweet readers to use crying emojis. So I wrote something happy. I love happy endings, you know :)