Stranded

Jack and I made our way back down the dock of Tortuga towards the ship. "Jack," I said, When we got to where the ship was supposed to be, "Where's the Pearl?" He looked at the dinghy, that was in the ship's spot.

"Why is it gone?" he asked.

"That's it there, isn't it?" I said pointing at the Pearl in the distance."

"Yes, there it is. Why is it there?" Jack noticed Gibbs sleeping on the dock with a Teddy bear, and poured water on him, "Mr. Gibbs, any particular reason why my ship is gone?"

As they were talking, I felt the two women from earlier walk over to us. "Here to slap him again?" I asked.

"Yes," they replied.

"Just don't damage him too much." Giselle and Scarlett slapped Jack, as he turned around, then Jack slapped Gibbs. The women walked away.

"Take what you can," Gibbs said.

"Give nothing back," Jack replied. Gibbs left and caught up to the two women.

"I have something for you, Jack," I whispered.

"What's that, love?" I pulled the map, out from under my skirt. He looked at me confused.

"Don't ask," I said, handing it to him.

"You took it!" he exclaimed.

"Yes, why?"

"I was going to take it," he laughed.

"Looks like I beat you to it."

"This will take us to another way to live forever."

"Yes," I replied.

"The fountain of youth," he whispered, and I grinned.

"But first to my mother's place."

"Of course." We got into the boat, and he started steering it to open sea, unrolling the map. He opened his compass, and it pointed at me, so he kissed me. Then it pointed behind him. He grabbed the bottle of rum, and took a drink, handing it to me. I took a drink, as he started steering us in the right direction.

~~~

Jack and I arrived at the swamp and were looking through everything, trying to figure out what it was that I was supposed to find. "She could've been more clear, about it," said Jack.

"That would have been too easy," I sighed plopping onto the floor. I closed my eyes trying to see if I can sense something. Getting nothing, I opened them again, "This is hopeless," I sighed, laying down. Jack sat down behind me placing my head in his lap. I smiled up at him. "Do you have any idea what it could be?"

"No. It could be anything," Jack answered, rubbing my shoulders, "Just close your eyes and relax; we're not going to find anything if you're stressed."

"Will you give me a full massage later?" I asked, closing my eyes.

"If you let me massage everywhere."

"Mmm-hmm." Suddenly, I heard a loud thump, coming from the table. I sat straight up. "That's it!" I exclaimed.

"What?" I got up and picked the book up off the table. "A book?"

"No." I opened up the book, showing him the blank pages, "A journal." A folded piece of paper fell out, and Jack picked it up, handing it to me.

"What's it say?" he asked. I unfolded the paper, reading it.

"She wants me to write down all of our adventures, and hide the book somewhere. We're allowed to stay here as long as we need to." I set the book back down, "There's just one thing I don't understand."

"What's that?"

"At the end, it says, 'P.S. I'm sorry.' What do you think that means?"

"I don't know. I don't like not knowing."

"Maybe it's about Will?"

"Maybe." I stood up and started going through the rest of the stuff on the table.

"There's rum in that cabinet," I said, pointing at the cabinet, I was talking about.

"How'd you know I was going to ask?"

"I know you, Jack. You always ask that." Jack grabbed a bottle and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Do you want to look around?" I looked up at him, and he kissed me.

"There are other things I want to do, love."

"Not right now."

"Do you want to stay here till then?" I stopped looking through the cards and looked up at him again. "I don't think you'd want to do that on the boat out there."

"You'd be okay with staying here?"

"Aye. Besides, now I can look at everything without getting yelled at." I rolled my eyes. And put the cards with the book. "What are those?"

"Her recipes. They might be useful later on. Where do you think the food is?" I started opening cabinets, and I found the food on a really high shelf. "Now that's just mean." I tried reaching up, but I was still too short. I was about to grab a chair, but Jack grabbed what I was reaching for, handing it to me. "Thank you." He kissed my cheek, pulling me against him. "Jack, I told you later."

"I know, love. I just want to be close to you." I looked down at his arm, wrapped around my waist, the 'P' brand standing out. "How come you never asked about it?" he asked.

"You asked me not too," I responded, "I assumed you wouldn't want to talk about it anyway." I went and sat down, clearing a spot on the table. Jack grabbed a few more bottles of rum and sat down next to me. He was thinking, so I didn't speak.

"If I tell you," he said, a few minutes later, "do you promise not to interrupt?"

"Promise," I replied.

"It's a long story, love."

"Kiss me before you start then." He grinned, pressing his lips to mine. As he pulled away, I smiled kissing him again. He started thinking again. "You could always show me what you want to tell me," I suggested.

"How?"

"The same way I showed you my favorite memory," I explained, "or we could try what my mother did when we first came here, but that wasn't fun for me when she did it."

"Why?"

"It was like reliving the memories. It's only worked for a few times for me."

"Let's try it."

"Are you sure?" I asked he nodded. I finished eating and sat on the table in front of him, my legs underneath me. "You need to close off anything you don't want me to see. And if this does work, I need you to show me where to start." He scooted closer to me, and I put my legs to the side of his chair.

"Who have you done this with before?" he asked.

"When we were going to get you, Will and Elizabeth let me practice with them. With my mother's supervision, since I'm still in the learning part."

"Should I be worried?"

"You'll be fine. But if it gets to be too much, for either of us, I'll stop."

"Anything else?"

"Not that I can think of. It might feel weird, at first." I placed my hands on either side of his head. "Ready?"

"Aye." He put his hand on my leg, as I closed my eyes.

"You need to relax, Jack." He started to relax. "There's nothing you don't want me to see?" I asked when I started seeing his memories.

"Your lips aren't moving," he stated, "did you do it?"

"Yes, Jack. Show me what you wanted to tell me."

"Love, I want you to see everything."

"A little bit at a time. If I'm in here too long I can go crazy." He laughed. "I'm serious, Jack." He showed me a memory that was back at Shipwreck Cove, it was different than it had been when we were there. Everyone was younger, and there were people I didn't recognize. "When was this?"

"Fifteen years ago."