Connection

"Tired?" Jack asked.

"Very," I replied.

"Get some rest. I'll be here when you wake up." I closed my eyes then started thinking about the whole marriage thing again.

"Jack?"

"Hmm?"

"Are we still married?"

"Where'd you get the idea we're not?"

"Well since you died, that would make me a widow, and now your back. Would we have to get married again, for us to still be considered husband and wife?"

"No," he stated. I glanced up at him but decided not to ask any more questions, for now. "If we weren't would you leave?"

"No, Jack. Why would I?"

"It's just a thought."

"Well, get that thought out of your head."

"I want to change our deal."

"To?"

"Instead of your promise to stay by my side, I want you to stay as long as you want to stay."

"And your end?"

"Nothing, I want you to choose what you want." I kissed him.

"I'm going to stay with you until the end, Jack, no matter what happens to us. I would've done it without the promise." I rested my head on his chest. "Did you do a lot of thinking, while you were here?"

"Sometimes."

"You have more questions?"

"Aye."

"Ask away."

"Are you happy with me?"

"Yes, Jack. Sure it's not always safe, but I enjoy our adventures." Jack rubbed my back.

"I try to keep you safe, but you're too stubborn."

"Well, I'm not going to just stand there and look pretty, Jack. If I can help, I will help."

"I know you will. And you look pretty no matter what you're doing."

I smiled, kissing his chest. I tried to feel his heartbeat, but there was nothing there. "Why can't I feel your heart?" I asked, looking up at him.

"It's there, love. It'll start beating normally when we get back to the real world. You can kiss it once it has." Jack laid me back down, his hand moving towards my chest. "May I?" he asked.

"It's your's, Jack, you don't have to ask," I smiled. Jack laid his head on my chest. He started drawing circles on my stomach.

"I had hoped that I had gotten you pregnant last time."

"You want a child?"

"After all this is over, if you want, we can try." I grabbed his hand bringing it to my lips.

"Can I try something with one of your rings?" I asked him.

"What are you going to do?" he asked.

"Try to connect it with my necklace," I explained. "So that I know that you'll be safe if we're ever separated. My mother's been teaching me a few things. Some of it helps with the dreams and others were just to keep my mind off things." He took the ring he wore on his ring finger off, handing it to me. I took my necklace off placing it next to the ring. I did what I said, and handed it back to him.

"That's it?" he asked.

"Yes, what did you expect."

"I don't know. I thought there'd be lightning or something." I giggled, putting the necklace back on. "How does it work?" I took the ring putting it back on him, then touched my necklace.

"If I did it right, it should get warm when I do this."

"It is. I like it." I laughed, kissing him. "Can I send it to?"

"Touch the gem." He did it, and I smiled, kissing him.

"Works?"

"Yes." Jack kissed me pushing me back into the bed.

"Round two to celebrate?"

"Please."