Memory Magic

That night, Jack and I were sitting unseen at the front of the ship. I was attempting to look at the stars, but he kept distracting me. "I can make you see stars," he whispered next to my ear. I turned my head kissing him.

"I told you not tonight, Jack," I replied.

"Why?"

"You know why?"

"But I really want to be inside you," he grumbled.

"In a few days, Jack, promise."

"What if we don't have a few days? What if all we have is now?"

"Jack, don't talk like that." He started kissing my neck.

"I'll pull out if you want me too."

"That's not why I don't want to, and you know it." I felt him grin. "I'm not going to give in."

"Please? I'll do something for you?"

"What's that?" I asked.

"Whatever you want."

"Fine, but only once tonight." I heard a splash and was about to continue speaking, but he placed a finger to my lips and looked over the edge of where we were. Jack jumped down, and I watched from my spot, as he and Will talked.

"Bravo, you escaped the brig even quicker than I expected. William, do you notice something? Or rather do you notice something that is not there to be noted?"

"You haven't raised an alarm."

"Odd, isn't it? But not as odd as this. Come up with this all by your lonesome, did you?"

"I said to myself, think like Jack."

"And this is what you've arrived at? Lead Beckett to Shipwreck Cove so as to gain his trust, accomplish your own ends? It's like you don't know me at all, mate. And how does your dearly beloved feel about this?" Will hesitated, "Ah, you've not seen fit to trust her with it."

"I'm losing her Jack. Every step I take for my father is a step away from Elizabeth."

"Mate, if you choose to lock your heart away, you'll lose it for certain. If I may lend a machete to your intellectual thicket-avoid the choice altogether. Change the facts. Let someone else dispatch Jones."

"Who?" Will asked, "You?" I frowned.

"Death has a curious way or reshuffling one's priorities. I'll slip aboard the Dutchman, find the heart, stab the beating thing. Your father goes free, and you're free to be with your charming murderess."

"And you're willing to carve out your heart and bind yourself to the Dutchman, forever."

"No mate, I'm free forever. Free to sail the seas beyond the edges of the map, free from death itself."

"You've got to do the job though, Jack. You have to ferry souls to the next world. Or end up just like Jones." Jack stroked his chin.

"I don't have the face for tentacles. But immortal has to count for something, eh? Oh!" He threw Will the compass.

"What's this for?"

"Think like me, it'll come to you." Jack breathed on Will, and he fell overboard, "My regards to Davy Jones!" I hopped down and looked sadly at Jack. "What's wrong, love?"

"How can you talk about having children with me, when you plan on killing Jones?" I asked, looking up at him.

"You can still come with me, can't you?"

"I'd have to be dead, Jack."

"Oh."

"You didn't think about that, did you?" I asked.

"I didn't." Jack went to touch me, but I moved away, looking at the ocean below us. "It's only ten years, love," he said, a few minutes later, "Then we'll see each other again." I stayed silent. A tear hit the water. Jack tilted my face towards him, looking into my eyes.

"Please, don't do it," I whispered,

"Amandah," Jack sighed.

"My mother said it has to be Will."

"Why?"

"She didn't tell me, just said it was his destiny." I cupped his cheek, "I don't want to lose you again, but I'll let you decide for yourself."

"You've seen the battle?"

"Not yet, just the aftermath. I'll tell you when and if I do." Jack hugged me, and I rested my head on his chest, kissing it before doing so. "I hadn't done that yet, and you said I could." He chuckled, kissing my head. "Can I show you something?" I asked.

"What is it?"

"Something I've been wanting to show you since we got back, but we didn't really have any alone time." He looked confused, "Get some water."

"What about rum?"

"I haven't tried it with rum," I said.

"Why can't you use the ocean?"

"Someone might see it. Just get me some water, and bring it to the front of the ship." He did as I asked. And I sat down, he did the same, "Tell me your favorite memory of us."

"I like them all though."

"Just choose one," I said, then added, "an appropriate one."

"Show me yours," he said. I nodded and scooped some water onto the deck.

"No touch," I said, as I closed my eyes, focusing on the memory, "Watch the water, Jack, not me."

"It's moving!" he said, "You're doing this?" I nodded and looked at the water.

"It's how I see the memory," I told him, "Watch."

~~~Memory~~~

Jack had my back to his chest, his sword at my throat. "I win," he whispered in my ear, sending a chill down my spine. He had kicked my sword out of my hand, making me defenseless. The crew was all below deck asleep and we were alone. I looked back at him, as he lowered his sword.

"I suppose you want that kiss now?" I said, out of breath.

"I'll give you time to catch your breath."

"So you can take it away again?" I turned around wrapping my arms around his neck. I pressed my lips to his. Jack threaded his fingers through my hair. I smiled, taking the kiss deeper. He backed me against the mast, taking control. He lifted my legs wrapping them around his waist. I locked my ankles, holding tighter onto him.

"Do you want to go further?" he asked.

"Please," I breathed. He carried me into our room...

~~~End Of Memory~~~

I continued staring at the water making it form a heart, and turned it into a solid. "You can touch it now," I said, looking up at him, "The memory is there if you want to see it again." He picked it up and looked at it.

"When did you learn this?"

"While we were on our way to find you. It helps me remember the dreams. Don't lose it, anyone can see them."

"Thanks, love," he whispered, putting it in his pocket. I crawled into his lap, kissing him, he cupped the back of my neck, threading his fingers through my hair. I pulled away, our foreheads touching, "I'm curious about how you see the rest of it."

"Maybe next time, Jack." He smiled kissing me again and laying me on my back on the deck. "Still wanting to?" I asked.

"Nothing you do is going to make me not want to," he replied, pushing my skirt up, "Can you keep quiet?" I nodded and pulled him down for another kiss.