Chapter 34: The Scan

Comenzar desde el principio

"No, it's too late for that," I sighed and took a seat on the couch.

"Master James, you know they say that if you love something and you set it free, if it comes back then that's truly yours, but if it doesn't, then it wasn't yours in the first place. You need to move on and go about your life. I have arranged for your mother and brother to come over for dinner, so go get ready," Gideon said with a small smile. I nodded and went to get ready. I took a quick shower and changed into a jeans and white v-neck and flip flops. I wasn't going out so flip flops was okay to wear, I guess. I walked down the stairs just in time to hear the doorbell ring.

"I'll get it," I said loudly so that Gideon would hear. I opened the door to see my mother, Samuel and Kevin. Gideon didn't say that Kevin was coming. Kevin and I became good friends when we now started to film City Of Bones. I opened the door and let them come in. I gave my mom a hug, I gave Samuel a smack behind his head and Kevin a slap on his back which he gladly returned with much more force. We laughed and then went into the kitchen and sat at the table.

"So, Jamie, how you going?" my mom asked.

"I'm good what about you?" I replied.

~~~~~

My mom and Samuel just left after finishing their dinner and it passed smoothly. Kevin and I were in the living room playing on my Wii. Yes, we love beating each other at video games. We were currently playing Tennis and so far, Kevn was the one winning.

"How come you in London?" I asked as I waved my Wii controller to virtually hit the ball.

Kevin paused the game which caused me to look at him. "I didn't want to bring this up but are you over her?"

"Yeah," I lied. "Come on let's continue with the game," I added to change the topic.

"No, you're not."

"Yes."

"No," he challenged.

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"No," I said and then I realized I said no instead of yes. I internally groaned.

"It's been 3 months, why haven't you gotten over her?"

"Kevin, Tessa is pregnant with my child," I told him and dropped myself on the couch.

"What?" he asked, with a shocked expression.

"You're the only one that I told other than Gideon, so don't tell anyone," I warned him.

Tessa's POV

I was super nervous. Today was my first scan and my bump is visible which is weird because people usually start to show at 4-5 months and I started at 3. I wear clothes that is slightly bigger for me now because I haven't told many people that I'm pregnant and I'm not ready to tell everyone, yet. Josh moved out and he now lives with Krystal and Tris. They bought a house not too far from my parents house. I decided that I'll be living with my parents because I can't handle a child all by myself. I sat in a doctor's office- not Dr. Jones, my mom and Josh sat on either side of me. They were always there for me when they could be. I was happy for that because they assured me that I wasn't alone. My dad doesn't know but I would tell him when my stomach starts to expand huge.

"Tessa Hudson!" the secretary called. I got up and mom and Josh followed me to the doctor's room. As soon as I entered, I got more nervous- if that was even possible considering the fact that I was shaking uncontrollably.

"Good morning, Ms. Hudson," the female doctor said as soon as Josh closed the door and sat down. "I'm Doctor Reese and I would be performing the scan," she politely smiled.

"Hi, this is my mom and my brother," I introduced and they all greeted each other.

"Ms. Hudson, please lie down," she gestured to the long chair which looked like a bed. I nodded and did as I was told. "Just pull up your top a bit so I could rub some gel on your stomach." I did so and then she rubbed the gel. I knew the whole process already, she didn't need to tell me the instructions but I didn't want to sound like a know it all. She rubbed the cold gel all over my stomach and I looked around the dimly lit room. Josh gave me a thumbs up and my mom gave me a smile which I returned. Then I closed my eyes for a while and imagined if Jamie was here. I just wished that I had gotten the courage to tell Jamie how stupid I felt but it might not have made a difference because long distant relationships don't work.

"Tessa, I think you'd be really happy to know something," Dr. Reese said and nodded her head in the direction of the screen. I hadn't even realized that we reached this far in the scan. I must have really zoned out thinking about Jamie. I looked up in the screen and I gasped, so did mom and Josh.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing on the screen. I didn't want to believe what I was seeing.

"You're going to have twins, Ms. Hudson," Doctor Reese smiled. I was going to be a single mother with twins. Then I started to regret it. I regret not replying to Jamie but I wasn't going to reply to him, even though I regret it, because I don't know if he already got himself in a relationship and I wouldn't want to ruin it. I wanted him to be happy. I didn't want him to have regrets like me. I'm scared that if I reply, he is in a relationship.

Now, I'm going to have twins and that would be a lot of pressure. It's double trouble.

Author's Note: The poem was written by @lana330! Thank you so much @lana330! She writes really awesome peoms! You have to check it out and she's also one of my good friends! This chapter is dedicaed to her as well. Thank you so much Lana! If you guys ever need a poem for anything just DM her! She's really nice and she'll love to do it!

I'm not sure if this is the last chapter before the Epilogue but most likely it might be. Look out for an early update and I'm going to finish this book before the week is up! I'm happy but I'm also a bit sad :( I enjoyed writing this story so much. Don't forget to vote and comment. Please? I know that Nico and Vinz song Am I Wrong has nothing to do with the chapter but it was the last song I listened to before I finished the chapter. Anyway thanks for reading :)