Chapter 23 : He's Leaving

Jamie's POV

It's been a week since the party and I still couldn't remember the events of that night. All I remember was arriving at the party, meeting Rob and they, then everything from there on was blurry to me. I don't remember the morning so clearly, either. I remember in the afternoon, though, Tessa said she too couldn't remember the events from that night nor the morning. We were pretty drunk but I really wondered what happened during the night and the morning... Anyway, I was on my way to Tessa's. I still didn't tell her yet and she's going to start work on Monday which is in 2 days. I had to figure out a way to tell her before it gets too late. I can't stand imagining her expression but I have to because I have gigs and more upcoming movies. The big question is how am I going to tell my girlfriend that I am going to be leaving to go back to London in a week?

Tessa's POV

I lay on the couch watching television. I was home alone and I was feeling so sick. I needed to get better by Sunday night or else I can't go to work on Monday . I'm so excited to finally become a doctor, after all those years of studying. Mom and Josh went to visit dad. The doctor said that there was an improvement in the way he breathed and most likely, he will wake up today. Krystal went over to her parents but I couldn't go to the hospital to see dad because of my sickness. As a doctor I would say it's probably the left over chicken yesterday. I knew I should have never eaten it but I was feeling sleepy. But to be honest , I felt this way some days ago but it's probably eating left overs from the two days before so I should start to make my own dinner. I groaned as I heard the doorbell. Who the hell is that?

"Who is it?" I yelled with a little hint of pain in my voice.

"Tessa, are you okay?" Jamie asked.

"It's opened," I said and I heard the shuffling of his feet and the door opening and closing. Soon enough, Jamie was by my side.

"What's wrong?" he asked as he lift my feet up, sat down where my feet had been, then rest my feet on his lap.

"Just feeling a bit ill," I answered, propping my head on a pillow so I'd be able to see him.

"Well you do know what's going on with you, after all you are a doctor," he said.

"I can only make a diagnosis and I think it's something I ate so no need to worry," I reassured him. I turned my attention back to the television. At the corner of my eyes, I could see that something was on his mind that seriously bugged him. I studied psychology to know when something bugged someone. "Babe, you okay?"

"Yeah, once you're okay," he said with a faint smile.

"Tell me what's wrong," I begged.

"Nothing, I just ... wanted to spend some time with you but you're sick so..."

"Let's go do something. Why don't we go out for breakfast?" I suggested but he declined by shaking his head from left to right.

"No, you're sick."

"And? Let's go," I said, getting up and when I stood up. I felt like someone punched me in my stomach. I ran quickly to the bathroom and threw up. I heard Jamie calling my name then I felt his hand rubbing my back lightly and holding my hair back so I wouldn't vomit on it. When I was done, I felt relieved but my stomach pain hadn't gone away. Then it clicked in my head. This is one of the signs of pregnancy, isn't it? Yeah, it is so then that must mean I'm pregnant. Oh wait, no, I can't because Jamie and I never did that. Plus, my period isn't supposed to come until next week. I let out a sigh of relief. Thank God, I'm not pregnant.

"Do you need to go by the doctor?" he asked, worriedly.

I shook my head. "It's fine, babe, I told you it's something I ate. I'm probably ill or I'm getting the flu," I told him.

He still looked worried. "You sure?"

"Yeah, now let's go watch a movie or something," I suggested and he nodded and followed me back to the living room. I sat on Jamie and he wrapped his arms around me and buried his head in my neck.

"Tessa... I love you just remember that," he said with a sigh and a hint of worriedness. He looked at me and I stare into his eyes.

"Jamie, what's going on. Something is bothering you and you're not telling me," I said. I didn't want to be an inquisitive girlfriend but I also needed to find out what bothered him so much.

"Tessa, we should watch The-" He was trying to change the topic but he wasn't going to turn down my question that easily.

"Jamie, how would you feel if I kept secrets from you?" I asked, still staring into his blue eyes that never fail to hypnotize me.

"Tessa... I'd prefer-"

"And I'd prefer if you just tell me," I cut him off and he sighed.

"I don't know how to say this to you," he said, rubbing the back of his head nervously. "I'd say a short poem okay?" I nodded.  "I love you and you never fail to amaze me, but forgive me for my departure in a week." This was the poem? It was actually short poem, though. Ok, he was saying that I never fail to amaze him which made me blush but forgive him... for his departure in a week... He's leaving. He's leaving New York.

"You're leaving," I whispered softly and he nodded. I got up from his lap and stood in front of him while he looked at me sadly.

"I have to. I have gigs to do with my band and upcoming movies and so on but we could talk on the phone everyday and-"

"Yeah, 'cause that really makes me forget that your away," I said without thinking.

"Tessa, please don't make this harder for me," he whispered and I held back the tears in my eyes.

He's Leaving.  I didn't tell him anything more because I didn't want to seem selfish because this was his career and I don't wanna ruin that but long distance relationships doesn't work out, so I've heard.

Author's Note:

I made it my priority to update and that's all thanks to Kimberly. If I hadn't promised her I would update tonight, I would have updated in the next 3-5 days. So Kimberly I updated even though  it was really late.

Vote if you love this chapter.

Comment to let me know what you think because I'd love your views on the story.

Follow to know when I update.

Thanks for reading! Oh and I know that Austin Mahone's and Pitbull's song has no relation to the chapter but I was listening to it while I was writing and I love the song. Also thank you guys for reading!

I have 5k reads, thanks to you guys!

                                                                                                                                  ~Nayia