Chapter 17: The Misunderstanding

Jamie's POV

I rushed into the hospital, worrying whether Tessa would be alright. I walked into her ward and saw some guy who I didn't know, Mrs. T, Josh and some old people at her bedside. Nobody realised that I came in.

"What happened?" I asked, a hint of worry in my voice.

"Tessa got in an accident.," Mrs. T replied. I saw this guy with green eyes who was tall standing at the corner of the room.

"Who are you?" I asked, automatically gesturing to the guy with green eyes.

"I'm Edward, Tessa's friend," he said.

"Jamie, this is Tessa's grandparents," Mrs. T introduced me.

"Hello," Tessa's grandfather said and shook my hand and so did her grandmother.

Tessa's grandmother looked nothing like her but she looked more like her grandfather. I walked up to her bedside and looked at her. Her left hand was in a cast and her forehead had a bandage on it. Then her eyes opened slowly and she sat up and looked around her.

"Gran and pops?" she asked staring at her grandparents in shock. I wanted to kiss her but I rejected myself from doing so. I was so relieved that she was alright but I wanted the explanation of this accident.

"Yes?" her grandmother answered with a smile. Then a doctor came in the room.

"I see you're awake," the male doctor said. He looked around his early 30s or so.

"Yeah," Tessa said and looked at me and smiled. She looked down at her hand. "I don't remember my hand being broken."

"It's not actually broken but a bone was shifted out of place," the doctor replied. "I just want you to answer a few questions, will you do it?"

"Sure," she replied.

"Do you remember all these people here and could you name them?"

"Yes. This is my mom, my stupid big brother," she said with a smirk and Josh gave her a death glare. "My grandparents, my friend and my boyfriend," she smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Would you recall the accident?"

"Yeah, uh... I was in a café with Ed and then we were talking then he asked if my boyfriend is Jamie Campbell Bower? So I asked him how he knew then he...uh..." Her voice trailed off and she glanced at me. "Yeah and then we decided to go hangout at Ed's house and when we went outside, the p-" She was leaving out parts of the story. "I just crashed the van because... I was driving at full speed and-" She glanced at Edward who mouthed 'what are you saying?'. That story didn't make sense at all.

"But the back of the van was hit," Josh tilted his head to the side.

Tessa's POV

I didn't want Jamie finding out about the paparazzi so I was trying to make up a lie on the spot. I knew he'd blame himself for the accident.

"What?" I asked pretending I never knew that the back of the van was hit.

"You don't remember that the van was hit from the back?" the doctor asked. Then I saw Jamie on his phone. I looked into his phone and saw that he was on twitter. He was reading an article on... the accident. Damn it!

"Tessa," he said sternly. "Why are you lying? You could have at least told me the truth. Why couldn't you just say that you were trying to escape from the paparazzi? You think it feels better to find out over twitter?"

"I was being... chased?" I pretended. Jamie just walked out of the room and my heart sank. Then I told the doctor the true story. "When can I come out of the hospital?" I asked. My mom gave me an encouraging smile. I wanted to run after Jamie and tell him why I had not said the truth first.

"Just stay for a few more hours. Your injuries aren't bad but come back next week so that I could make sure everything is alright."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Josh had gotten back his van which I had to pay for to repair. Jamie hasn't called me since last two days when the accident took place. He didn't respond to any of my texts. I knew he was angry but he was taking it too far but if that's the stupid behaviour that he portrays that's his damn business. I love Jamie and I had to admit ... I felt really bad about not telling him the truth. It hurts me that he won't call or anything but I'm not the type of girl who goes crying 'cause her boyfriend didn't call when he was supposed to. Having my hand in a cast was possibly the worst thing and thank god I was able to take it off yesterday. I was able to take off the bandage on my forehead but you could see the bruise. The doctor told me that it'll fade away in some days. Josh would never let me drive his van again and I can't find the keys to dad's. Gran, my grandmother, and Pops, my grandfather, don't ask how I got the name Pops for him that's a long story. They were staying over for a while. They would help me out since I had just one hand and they came to stay to spend time with us. Having them was really fun especially Pops. When Krystal came over and Josh told him how she was pregnant, Pops asked Krystal if she was drunk that night and asked if there wasn't anyone better she could have gotten pregnant for. Pops is the best grandfather. I grew up with him. When I was 2 years old, I moved to his house and Gran but when I turned 11 years, I moved back home. There was one habit Pops and I had that Gran never approved of - betting. Pops and I was sitting on the couch while Josh and Gran was in the kitchen making lunch. We were watching football on ESPN. It was Manchester United versus Liverpool.

"I bet that Liverpool will win for 200 dollars," Pops said, with a courageous smile.

"Oh you wanna bet high? I'll bet Manchester because they're going to beat Liverpool!"

"Ha! In your wildest dreams!"

"We'll see," I said and Pops and I stared at the television watching the match closely. Every time Liverpool or Manchester missed a goal, we would groan. Then the game was almost finished and I was hoping for Liverpool not to score another goal because, then, Liverpool would tie with Manchester . Then Pops and I would have to pay each other. We heard the doorbell ring and didn't even move our eyes from the television. Someone must have answered the doorbell because we heard someone saying hello to someone else. Then it had only a minute again. Someone called my named but I didn't care. Sounded like Gran but whatever she had to say could wait till after the match. Liverpool had not score another goal so the match was 4-3. The seconds started to count down and Pops and I were yelling.

"Liverpool, I bet 200 you better win!" Pops yelled at the television.

"Manchester you better win!" Then the match ended and Manchester won. I jumped up and put my hand out as Pops pulled out 200 dollars from his pocket and gave me. I pocketed the money .

"Tessa and Amir," my grandmother said in a warning tone. Amir is my grandfather's name. "How many times have I told you both not to bet? I expect better from you both especially you, Amir." We both looked at her and muttered sorry and next to her was Jamie holding a big box. Wow look who decided to show up. I didn't even bother saying hey babe or greeting him because he didn't know how I felt when he didn't even call or anything and he knew I got in an accident. It just got me so angry when I thought about it. Jamie looked at me and I looked away. Gran seemed to have realised what was going on between us.

"Amir, how about you come in the kitchen and help Josh and I?"

"You have Josh to help you. You don't need me," Pops answered and sat back down on the sofa.

"Amir get your butt in the kitchen!" Gran commanded and Pops got up at once. He went in the kitchen and Gran smiled at me then she went in the kitchen, too. Jamie and I stood awkwardly.

"I know you're mad at me and I'm sorry," he said, breaking the silence. I looked into his crystal blue eyes and I knew that he was really sorry. I looked at the television. I wanted to accept his apology but I was really angry at him.

"Why didn't you return any of my calls or reply to any of my texts?" I asked, almost whispering but I avoided eye contact.

"Tessa, will you look at me?" he asked softly. I looked at him and waited for the explanation. "Please understand from my view," he said. "I thought you were..." His voice trailed off.

Author's Note:

Vote. Comment. Was the chapter good?