Chapter 21: Tattoo

Tessa's POV

Jamie and I were walking down a crowded street, holding hands. Krystal and Tris are home with Josh while mom's at work. Mom's the only one who can visit dad and I wanted to see him so badly.I felt so happy to be with Jamie. While we were walking down the street, a place caught my eye. I saw a tattoo shop and pulled Jamie in it.

He looked down at me. "You want a tattoo? I thought doctors don't approve of tattoos? You're gonna be a doctor in a few months or something so aren't you?"

"So what? I want us to have matching tattoos," I replied and he smiled.

"Well do you want me to get the same one you're gonna get?"

"Duh," I answered his dumb question, "but I want a tattoo to symbolize our love. I know it probably sounds pathetic but-"

"It sounds cool," he said and looked into my eyes. "Why don't we get... a tattoo that says my mom's favourite saying... 'love means a lot'?" I thought about it and loved the idea.

"Yes," I beamed. We walked up to the counter and the guy sent us to a room. A lady with a lot of tattoos sat there and smiled when we came inside.

"You both want tattoos?" she asked, standing up. I nodded. "Where do you want it?" I looked at Jamie.

"You decide," he said. I thought about it.

"Is it possible that I could get it on my right upper arm, stopping about... elbow length," I said, looking at Jamie to get his opinion and he nodded. "I want 'love means a lot' written in ... a fancy way, please," I said to the lady and she nodded. She gestured for me to go sit on the chair. I looked at Jamie, hoping he'd go first but he just gave me an encouraging smile. I sat on the chair and pulled up the sleeve of my top. As the tattoo gun collided with my skin, I closed my eyes feeling a little bit of pain as she wrote the L in love. I saw in the corner of my eyes, Jamie smiling at me. Then in no time she was finished and I looked at my tattoo and smiled as Jamie sat down and the tattoo gun touched his skin. He didn't even wince or do anything but then again, this is not his first tattoo. Then I remembered something and groaned silently. When Jamie was done, he had the same exact tattoo like mine. We thanked the lady and Jamie went by the counter and took care of everything. The tattoo felt ... wet, I guess.

"Don't worry, it'll dry up soon," Jamie said, as though he read my mind. We walked out of the store and down the street. Jamie stopped in front of a store that sells dresses and those dresses look really expensive. "I should tell you that we have to go to a party tonight. The cast and everyone who worked on set for City of Bones will be there." I tried not to squeal. I may be dating the guy who played Jace but now I get to meet Robert Sheehan. I had to smile. "So let's go get you a dress," he said, taking my arm and leading me into the store.

"Jamie, I think I made a mistake getting a tattoo," I said, turning to face him.

He look confused. "I thought you wanted one?"

"Yeah but I remembered that my mom don't approve of tattoos and neither does dad," I told him.

"Oh... well... uh..." He didn't know what to tell me. "Let's look for the dress," he said, changing the topic. I'm sure they won't get angry- well mom 'cause dad... I didn't want to think about it so I started looking for dresses while Jamie sat on the couch looking at me.

"Why don't you help me pick one?" I asked him.

"Uh... me looking through dresses?" I understood his point. He won't look as though he's not straight but it won't look normal, though. I picked out the dress that I liked the most. It was a thick strapped dress that was blue on top with lace in the back and from waist down was a dark blue colour and it ruffled. I showed Jamie the dress and he nodded.

"Go try it on, to make sure it fits," I went in the dressing room and tried on the dress but it had to zip in the back. I decided that it fits good so I won't bother calling Jamie to zip it for me. I took off the dress and went to the counter to pay for it but Jamie insisted that he was paying for it so I let him pay. We walked out of the store and went up the street instead to find the car park where Jamie parked his van.

"The party starts at nine so be ready for half eight," he said and I nodded, holding his hand while he held the bags in his other hand. "What are you gonna do about the tattoo?"

"Nothing, mom may be angry but she'll get over it," I said. "I thought we were supposed to see your mom, today."

"Her flight got cancelled so she'll be flying in the following-" Jamie couldn't finish his sentence as a set of paparazzi surrounded us. Jamie took my hand and lead me through them. They were shouting questions and calling our names to look at the camera. Finally, we got in the van and drove off. I looked at Jamie while he drove and realised how lucky I was to be his girlfriend. He showed me that one bad guy doesn't mean the other will be bad, too. He changed my thoughts about dating a guy, he helped me conquer my fear. He brought happiness back into my life. I could think about what Liam did without feeling the need to cry because I know that that's the past now and Jamie won't ever let that happen to me.

"Jamie?"

"Yeah, babe?" he said. I loved it when he called me babe.

"Thanks," I said, looking at him while he looked at the road.

"For what?"

"For making me happy and showing me that I shouldn't dwell on the past."

"Your welcome and thank you for being my girlfriend." I smiled at him.

Author's Note: VOTE. COMMENT. Please? I got the dwell on the past thing from Dumbledore.