Chapter 15: The Dinner

Tessa's POV

I ran behind Jamie and I grabbed his hand.

"Just stop," I said, breathing really fast as I put back on my heels. He looked at me and tilted his head. "What?"

"How did you catch up with me?" he asked.

"That's the best question you could ask?" He shrugged and looked in the direction that Liam ran in. "Would you please forget Liam?" I asked softly. He looked into my eyes.

"If that's what you want," he said. I gave him a quick peck on his lips. Then we saw Josh running towards us.

"For a guy who was on the track team, you run really slow," I said as Josh stopped running. Then we all walked back to the parking lot where mom, dad and Krystal was waiting for us. When they saw us, they started walking towards the restaurant.

Dad looked at us in confusion. "What was that about?" he asked as we walked in the restaurant and no one answered. As soon as we walked in, a lady asked dad his name and we got our seats. I sat next to Jamie who hadn't said a word since we walked in the restaurant. A waitress came to our table. She looked around the same age as Josh. When she saw Jamie, she squealed.

"Oh my god! You're Jamie Campbell Bower! Could I have a picture?" she asked Jamie. Jamie smiled.

"Sure." He took a picture with the waitress then she took our orders and left.

"Jamie?" He looked at me. "What's wrong?"

He took long before he answered. "It's just that Liam keeps harassing me and ... I just don't want him to do that to you," he admitted softly and I smiled to know that Jamie cared so much.

"Don't worry about that, okay? Let's forget that had happened and enjoy the night," I told him but I couldn't enjoy the night knowing that tomorrow my father may die.

"Okay," he said. Jamie was about to say something but Josh spoke first.

"Dad, mom, I have something to tell you," Josh said, nervously. I sat up and listened and so did Jamie.

"Yes, son, we're listening," dad said as he intertwined his fingers into mom's. I smiled. My dad and mom loved each other so much.Josh nudged Krystal lightly probably to let her tell them but she glared at him and gave mouthed 'do it yourself'.

"Dad, mom, Krystal is..." His voice trailed off. Josh was nervous.

"Josh, we're listening," mom reassured him.

"Krystal ... well she's uh... carrying a big bump around with her," Josh gulped.

"He's trying," Jamie whispered in my ear and I chuckled.

"I don't understand," dad said.

"Krystal is... pre-pre-pregnant and has been for 9 months," he forced out. Mom and dad looked shocked for a moment then mom squealed. I was shocked. I was hoping for mom to get angry with him or something so.

"You're hap-happy about that?" Josh asked.

"I was not expecting that answer," Jamie whispered and I nodded my head in agreement.

"Of course, I can finally have a grandchild!" mom said happily.

"I just don't think that having a child is the best thing right now," dad said. Krystal looked down at her hands in her lap. Even though I wanted this answer from mom, I felt pretty bad for Josh.

"Oh come on, Jason," mom said. "I was the same age when I got pregnant with Josh."

"I know but they're both working and-"