Chapter 2: The Ride Home

Tess's POV

Jamie and I sat in his car for the past 20 minutes silently waiting for his brother.

"His flight is late," Jamie observed. "I should drop you to your house then come back."

"No, it's quite alright. No one is home." I'd be home alone so why rush?

"So... since no one is home, you break your curfew?" He smirked.

"I don't have a curfew..." I said though it came out more like question.

"Aren't you 16 or 17?" he asked. I laughed." You're 18... no?"

"I'm 21," I corrected him.

He opened his eyes wide." Wow! You look really young. Your make up was done well."

"I don't wear make up," I said.

"Well... you look like 16 and you are beautiful," he complemented me. I started to blush and looked away quickly. Was he flirting with me?

"Thanks for the... complement." I'll admit I felt special that he said that to me. I can't be blushing. He'll break my heart just like my ex , Liam did, I told myself.

"It's true. You're dress was made just for you and it fits perfectly." He looked into my eyes. I looked down at my dress. It was purple and sleeveless and tight. He was trying to get closer to me. That's the same thing what Liam did. He complemented me endlessly and made me feel like I had no faults and I fell for it . I wasn't going to fall for it, this time. "Your blonde hair and your blue eyes are two of the most beautiful features on your face," he said softly. His blue eyes stared into mine and then there was silence. Only our breathing could be heard. I got lost in the moment, staring into his crystal blue eyes. His lips were slightly apart as he leaned forward. I do not know how the hell I leaned forward because that was not my intention but I did. Then the door behind the passenger side opened and I quickly leaned back into my seat . 

"James!" the guy in the backseat exclaimed. He had a British accent just like Jamie. I caught a quick glimpse of the guy's face and he looked similar to Jamie.

"Samuel!" Jamie said. Then Samuel opened the door and ran over to the grass. Jamie looked confused just like me. I squinted my eyes because it was dark and saw Samuel bent over... vomiting. Then Samuel came in the van when he finished. Jamie looked at him.

"You don't even want to know," Samuel told him. Then Jamie drove off as Samuel muttered about the aeroplane food.

"Hi, I am Samuel," Samuel told me.

"I'm Tessa," I told him as I turned my body to look at him behind me.

"You and Jamie..." his voice trailed off. Why does everyone think I am dating Jamie?

"No, he's just giving me a ride home," I responded and Jamie nodded in agreement.

"I see... but just to let you know. You're beautiful," Samuel told me .

"Thanks," I told Samuel and he smiled. The rest of the ride was spent in silence. I couldn't stop taking a quick glance at Jamie , now and then. He was driving with one hand on the steering wheel and his next hand was settled in his lap. Whenever he turned the steering wheel, I saw his muscles pull in his hands. Then he pulled up infront of my house.

"Bye ,Tessa," Samuel said as I unbuckled the seatbelt.

"Bye, Samuel and Jamie thanks for the ride."

" No problem," he replied. I shut the door and walked up my front step. I searched my dress pocket for my house keys but all I could find was my iPhone and cash. Oh shit, I forgot my keys! I looked back and saw that Jamie's van was there still . I panicked. How will I get in the house? I needed to sleep. I knocked again and no one answered if Josh was home he would've opened the door for me. I knocked again and again. I prayed silently that Josh is home. I looked back again and saw that Jamie was gone. I still knocked for a few minutes before I remembered that mom installed a new doorbell last week. I rang it hoping that Josh will hear it if he is home. Then Josh opened the door. He looked sleepy and his blonde hair was messy. He was a little taller than I and had sea blue eyes.

"You are later than I expected," he said as I came inside and he shot the door behind me. I yawned and stretched my arms. "Whose van was that?"

"Lily's co-star Jamie," I replied and walked up the stairs. Josh took off the living room light and we went to sleep. Josh took off the living room light and, unfortunately, his bedroom was next to mine. I heard him cursing about how I interrupted his sleep. I took a quick bath and put on my pyjamas. I threw myself on my bed and closed my eyes. I somehow couldn't stop thinking about Jamie. The way how he spoke- his British accent makes him sound sexy- and how he flirted with me. The way how he said his name just made my heart flutter in my chest. I shook my head.

How could I fall for him after what Liam did to me?

Should I give Jamie a chance?

I can't but I would like to date him. I studied the patterns in the ceiling and eventually I fell asleep. 

Author's Note: How is the story going so far? Is it interesting? Vote. Comment.