Chapter 18: The Gift

Tessa's POV

"I thought you were..." His voice trailed off and he tightened his grip on the box. " I thought you were cheating, Tessa but-"

"You thought I was what?!" I shouted at him, making him jump. "You thought I was cheating!"

"Tessa, I told you that-"

"You're believing the media," I said calmly.

"No, Tessa-"

"Jamie, don't tell me any damn lie!" I screamed at him.

"Tessa, will you please listen so I could give you what's in the box?" he asked.

"No! You could shove that box up your-"

"Tessa! Will you please give me a chance to explain myself?" he begged. I looked at him for a while.

"Fine but-"

"I thought you were cheating because of that Ed guy. I thought we were supposed to tell each other everything and you didn't tell me that you were going out with Ed. It looked like you were cheating and I thought so. That's why I didn't communicate with you because I wanted to know whether you were cheating and then I made up my mind. I knew that you'd never cheat on me and I was foolish-"

"-Really foolish-" I added.

"-To think that and I got you this little buddy here," he gestured to the box, "as a gift for my stupid action." I didn't know what to say when I heard a small ... cry or sounded like a cry coming from the box. Was it a baby? No it can't be.

"What's in the box?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, Tessa," he said softly. "I don't know what happened to me over the last 2 days."

I looked at him. He looked like he was really sorry and I couldn't stay mad at him. "Yes but promise that you'll tell me how you feel next time," I said and he nodded in agreement. He gave me the box and I put it on the sofa. I opened up the box and I squealed. Jamie got me a black and brown German Shepherd. I took him out of the box. He looked about a year.

"He's 1 year and he's a trained dog," Jamie said, smiling. The dog licked my face and I put him down and he ran in the kitchen.

"Jamie, you didn't have to buy me a present. I understand how you felt and if it was me, honestly, I'd think the same thing." I hugged him, suddenly, and he stumbled back a bit and chuckled. "Jamie, I love you."

"I love you more," he said and kissed the top of my forehead then he put his chin on my head. "I'm really s-"

"Stop apologising. It's my fault that I hadn't said anything and-" Jamie crashed his lips against mine. He kissed me passionately but someone cleared their throat and we stopped immediately. I turned around and saw Josh holding the dog.

"Finally you stopped," he said and the dog licked his face. He set him down and he ran upstairs. "What's his name?" he said referring to the dog.

"It's Tessa's, she'll name it," Jamie said.

"I'll name him... Prince," I said. The name just popped up in my head.

"Ok," Josh said and went back in the kitchen.

"Do you want to go to my room?" I asked Jamie and he nodded. We went up to my room and closed the door. I dropped myself on the bed and Jamie came next to me. We  just lay there in silence.

"Thanks," I told him, breaking the silence.

He looked at me confused but he still had a smile on his face. "What are you thanking me for?"

"For showing me that one bad guy doesn't mean all guys are bad."

"Your welcome and thanks. For giving me the best days of my life," he said and got up,leaned over and kissed me. I put my arms around his neck and the door opened and it was Josh again. Jamie and I stopped and looked at him.

"Lunch is ready," he said and left. I groaned this is the second time Josh interrupted Jamie and I while we were kissing.

"Don't get angry. Am I that hard to resist?" He laughed and I playfully punched his arm. We got up and went to the kitchen. We ate and then we went back to my bedroom.

"So... what do you wanna do?" I asked Jamie.

"I don't know. You dragged me up here," he said. He did have a point. "We could probably continue what we didn't finish," he smirked. I grinned and kissed him. We kissed for about five minutes, pulling away when we needed to breathe. Then Jamie's phone started ringing. We stopped and he answered.

"It was my mom. She wants me to come help her with something," he told me. "How about dinner tonight?"

"Sure," I replied.

"With my parents," he added. "They're not gonna bite you, babe." I now realised that this was the first time Jamie ever called me babe and I liked it.

"Fine but if I die of fright, it's all your fault," I said, pointing at his chest.

"You won't die. I'll come pick you up at 8. Oh and my aunt and cousins and her husband would be there." I looked at him in shock and he laughed.

"Jamie, what if they don't like me?" I asked softly. Then I remembered the movie Monster In Law.

"Tessa, how many times do I have to tell you that they'll love you and if they don't, they'll have to because you're the girl that I love and they'll have to accept that. You're beautiful and you have a great personality. They will love you."

"What if-"

"Did you just not hear me say that they will accept you? Tessa, don't ever think for once that you're not a great person, okay? I love you and so does your family and friends and that's all that matters." Jamie was right and he loved me so much. "I can't live without you, Tessa. I need you and I love you so much. Without you I'll be nothing." Tears ran down my eyes and I hate it when I cry! Jamie took his thumb and wiped the tears from my face.

"What are you crying for?" he asked and pouted.

"It's just that.... that you love me so much and no guy I ever dated said that to me," I said.

"Well this guy said that to you," he said, smiling. "You know that I am very lucky to have you?"

"No. I am the one that is lucky," I corrected him and wiped the tears from my eyes with my hand.

"Well we're both very lucky people who love each other very much."

"I love you," I whispered and kissed him gently.

He pulled away. "Get ready for 8 and my aunt and they would not be there so no need to panic," he said then continued to kiss me and I smiled through the kiss. I was a little scared to meet Jamie's parents, though but tonight I'll see.

Author's Note:

I hope this chapter is good and I'll update by next week or later. Vote. Comment. Thanks for reading. :)

                                                                                                                                            ~Nayia